Two Tone Crew Podcast Update

Jonboy

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

Tex, it's almost like you don't like me. Which of course can't be true, no matter how obvious it seems. Because I'm awesome.

I figured you might surmise that since you weren't mentioned directly by name in my post, not true. There are many podcasts where you've added a good amount of insight into the team and the games. Cheers, Tex

Edited by Tex in a Can

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Jonboy, thank you for being a reliable and driving force behind one of the things I am most proud of about this place. In addition to being a steady, knowledgeable, and reliable Titans voice who, alo

Also he’ll start a thread about how he and @TitansGuru have decided to join forces and start a new messageboard over at jonboy.com killing this one in the process without letting anyone know. We’ll al

Titantez and Jake should absolutely be the new hosts. 

Come on dammit, I need more high-quality free content!

But seriously, as I guy that just sold a turbo mustang for a Minivan due to kid #3, I understand the phase of life changes...

Also, yall do a damn fine job and I want more episodes...:)

Edited by ChemEngr79

13 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Come on dammit, I need more high-quality free content!

But seriously, as I guy that just sold a turbo mustang for a Minivan due to kid #3, I understand the phase of life changes...

Also, yall do a damn fine job and I want more episodes...:)

Like the image of kids #1 and #2 stuck in the backseat

Wish I would have found the podcast sooner. Have enjoyed the episodes I've listened to. Thanks for those who've put in the effort.

I've often thought about making a podcast, but it seems like there's plenty of them out at the moment. So, if nothing else, figured I'd toss out some ideas as a start. If they are well received, cool. If not, that's cool too. 

Either way, thanks again!

Episode Ideas:

Draft grades: Immediate grades normally presented, but grades based on what? Normally need 2-3 years to determine outcome, but don't catch attempts to grade previous years' drafts. Maybe look at last 3 drafts and grade. Grade the last Webster draft, and look at JRob's first two drafts.

State of the union: Analysis of team post FA and draft. Where are we now? Stregths, weaknesses, upcoming roster concerns, ..., ...

Know your enemy: Related to the above, a good general will know his opponents' strengths, weaknesses, etc... as well if not better than his own. Overview of division rivals, and other match ups throughout the season.

That's all I've got for the moment.

Josh

Just create a basic format where posters can submit their takes. We can have a 1 day thread immediately after the games on what to discuss. We can even schedule hosts for the whole season broken into months. 

If somebody sucks (read just sucks ... not even horribly wrong or entertaining) then vote them out for upcoming casts. 

On 4/30/2018 at 6:24 PM, TitansGuru said:

@Jonboy, thank you for being a reliable and driving force behind one of the things I am most proud of about this place. In addition to being a steady, knowledgeable, and reliable Titans voice who, along with Scotty and Jamal, have put in a ton of hard work and brought credibility to the podcast. On top of that, you're just a good freaking dude.

For those who don't know, Jonboy typically is the one who puts the final video up online. He's in the East Coast time zone, meaning it keeps him up late sometimes with work the next day. Luckily, we cut the editing down to basically nothing. I remember the first few seasons we would spend hours editing it. Thank goodness we stopped that, but there were nights that it kept us (usually Jonboy) up until 2:00am or later.

He comes from a journalism background and put in time with Titans Radio as an intern. He's the real deal, and I thought I would only have him for a year or two before some company hired him away to do radio or print. So, if any of you are reading this and have a position available at a real company (bloggers and fan sites stay away...Jonboy deserves a step up) I invite you to click the podcast tab and check him out. He's the one who sounds like he really belongs.

You continue to be a driving force behind the discussions here, and I know that will remain the same.

Regarding the podcast, it will not die. It will live on and will evolve. Hopefully some  new ideas will get you hooked back in some regular capacity.

The four of us will figure out next steps. Meanwhile, if anyone has an idea for the show or would consider stepping in as part of the team on one-time or ongoing basis, send a PM to all four of us: @Jonboy @Jamalisms @OILERMAN and @TitansGuru.

Again, thank you @Jonboy, @OILERMAN, @Jamalisms, and everyone who listens. We'll keep this thing going.

Joshua

I would love to be part of it. 

Thoughts? No. I won’t be doing fucking mocks. 

I honestly much rather gear my thoughts on podcast as cut back in my posting. 

Im free to do them. J while really like to chime in on my thoughts of this off-season. The jmcolocations going forward and how these players impact the chime and dive into the coordinators and how the player fits and the schemes willing be impacted. 

7 hours ago, helimachoptor said:

I'd love to be a part of this as I do podcasts on my side of the pond but assume you guys will be doing it after midnight gmt which would rule me out

What podcasts do you do and what if we just said you have to stay up or else?

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Ok Kyle.  First of all they are looking for one Cyclops.  Can you poke your eye out?  Is it worth it?  Secondly, Scotty's replacement has to be someone with a simpleton job who can't think in context.  Do you have more responsibility than being able to read an address?

But finally, will you assure us you will cut back on the mocks (a 50% reduction would be a start)?

I went extremely light on mocks this year

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

What podcasts do you do and what if we just said you have to stay up or else?

you'll find the links on here,https://twitter.com/MaddenPFL 

We should have another in the next couple of days. 

Myself and another guy have been leading, but we've been rotating in other players (its a madden league) to freshen things up.

My wife would kick your ass, she likes cuddles too much