Infinity War. Spoilers

reo

5 hours ago, MadMax said:

I've honestly not cared for a Marvel movie since about 2/3 the way through Iron Man 3.   I didn't make it through Winter Soldier and I have total buyer's remorse for picking up the steaming pile of Infinity War.  Complete shit filmed in glorious 4K.  Wahoo.

Sounds like I should avoid watching this as I've been pretty much tired of the entire "superhero" genre for a while now.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep.  Starting to watch or else rewatch (never saw all of 1-3) 1-6 with my kids.  Star Wars was what I thought on recall: horrible script and mostly bad acting but good fun.  ESB was massively better.

I liked it. The ending will obviously be reversed but teenage Spiderman begging was a bit touching.    Bringing back the Red Skull was cool. Liked Dinklage as a “dwarf” - totally worth the t

They are clearly going to reverse the ending at some point. NO WAY the Marvel cinematic universe 10 years in the making will be destroyed with a snap of a finger. A lot of these guys will have Infinit

I don't love Marvel movies and couldn't get through Winter Soldier or Civil War, the two supposed "best Marvel movies" that the fanboys yank it too. 

I enjoyed "Infinity War" a lot. It was cool to see the Infinity Gauntlet Series that I read as an 11 year old on the big screen. 

11 hours ago, rns90 said:

Civil War had the nice fight scene in the middle but was pretty much by the numbers.  I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet.

Winter Soldier was one of the the best Marvel movies in my opinion. It was a good spy thriller set in the Marvel universe, like Ant Man was a good heist movie set in the Marvel universe.

Civil War was more standard action movie and Avengers-lite. 

7 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Winter Soldier was one of the the best Marvel movies in my opinion. It was a good spy thriller set in the Marvel universe, like Ant Man was a good heist movie set in the Marvel universe.

Civil War was more standard action movie and Avengers-lite. 

Hell yeah if you dont like Winter Soldier then F you. Infinity War was awesome by the way, Thanos has been the best villian since Ledger Joker

16 hours ago, headhunter said:

Thanos has been the best villian since Ledger Joker

Maybe but that just goes to show how terrible blockbuster movies have been. Thanos has no depth IMO.

There may be more to him with being "benevolent" and having more of a reason to want to have this power than they hinted at but they have done a terrible job at it if that's the case.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

On 8/22/2018 at 2:28 AM, patsplat said:

If we go down this rabbit hole you will find I have a low opinion of Star Wars in general ?

Yep.  Starting to watch or else rewatch (never saw all of 1-3) 1-6 with my kids.  Star Wars was what I thought on recall: horrible script and mostly bad acting but good fun.  ESB was massively better.  Jumped back from there to Phantom Menance (never saw it outside of some clips) and it sucked, but kids dug it.  We'll see how 2,3 and 6 do .

On 8/22/2018 at 2:33 AM, patsplat said:

@Starkiller

Aside from the practical impossibility of watching the original Star Wars movies, how I feel as an adult watching the first three is pretty different from how I felt as a 6 year old.

I loved the original 3 as a kid.  But they just didn't hold up for me over time,

On 8/22/2018 at 12:55 PM, patsplat said:

Didn't like Civil War, liked Winter Soldier

On 8/22/2018 at 4:43 PM, rns90 said:

Civil War had the nice fight scene in the middle but was pretty much by the numbers.  I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet.

By the numbers, very good descrip.  The bigger the Marvel, the more they are, and I accept it.  But they are at their best now (like SK said) when they are really another kind of movie, and maybe smaller, so a screwball comedy (Thor;Rag), comedy heist (Antman), spy thriller (WS).  The more superheros on screen, the less plot development and chances for real story.  More an exercise in Check the Boxes and Easter Eggs.

That being said, I've mostly enjoyed all of their stuff and think they've done an amazing job of making summer popcorn fluff for a decade now.  It may not be serious stuff but it's not supposed to be.  We started taking this comic material a bit too seriously, and bit too deeply, based on adult nerd culture meets billion dollar revenue.   But go look at some Thanos panels (helicopter works) and you quickly get re-grounded this is dated, silly stuff for teens + and -.   And when considering they took that to that place it is now in terms of mass market entertainment, well, on that I commend them.  The failure of the project would have seemed inevitable upon onset, and yet they've made it seem the opposite, destined for unstoppable success. 

• 1 month later...

Ok.  I re-watched Infinity War, backed up and watched Civil War, then Watched Infinity war again.  I think I've come to terms with it by trying to figure out what comes next.  Obviously the Easter egg tells us Captain Marvel (stupid name) is on her way to mop up. 

I'm actually intrigued by what some of the things said and done by Dr. Strange.  I think he's the key to the future.  I know some of the execs have said all the guys who went poof are gone but....  yeah, that was a very short run for Black Panther and Spider-Man.  Dr. Strange said there was 1 out of 14,000,000 some odd futures that they could win the war.  He then handed the stone off to Thanos and told Tony they were at End-Game.  AND then as he was poofing, he told Tony, "There was no other way.".    There has to be something to all of that.  Thoughts?