Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Titans 2018 Draft Picks

MIKE75   
On 5/2/2018 at 10:43 PM, socaltitan said:

Webster did acquire some good players. I think his biggest problem was the lack of a coherent plan. It was inconsistent and always felt reactionary. If you listen to JR first PC with the Titans and listen to him now, his words and actions are very consistent which I like.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:34 PM, tgo said:

People love to shit on Ruston but he was better than Reinfeldt. Yes, he drafted many bad players and Robinson is far superior. 

But Webster drafted Marcus Mariota (franchise QB),Taylor Lewan (franchise LT), Da’Quan Jones, ran the draft when Casey was selected, signed Delanie Walker, Woodyard, Orakpo. Give at least a little credit. 

What it boils down to is Webster built the front 7, drafted the QB (JRob would’ve done the same) and LT, brought in Delanie, and Robinson built the OL and Secondary.  

I didn’t mention RB and WR bc they’re kind of question marks, but those guys are all Robinson guys and project to be good imo

But Robinson actually gave the team/front office an identity and drafts accordingly. And he drafts proficiently on a consistent basis. 

Webster did do some good things Mariota (franchise QB),Lewan (franchise LT), Da’Quan Jones, ran the draft when Casey was selected, signed Delanie Walker, Woodyard, Orakpo.

You are right about those. Mettenberger was a really good pick and i think Mett if he would've tried harder and been mentally stronger he would be a QB right now or at least a backup. I think he gave up.

The ONE THING that always left a sour taste in my mouth was Locker. I think if we did something different and avoided drafting a QB and stuck with Hass things might've been different. In 2013 we were two close losses from making the postseason.

In 2009 we were a Jets loss from 9-7 and postseason. Mouton lost it with two returns muffed.

2011 we were one game Jax loss from 10-6 and postseason. Hass elected to gamble passing instead of bringing Bironas out to kick a 50 yard FG instead we lost 16-14.

2013 like 2009 Darrius Reynaud and Wylie his replacement muffed returns that lost games we shouldve been 9-7 not 7-9 and again shuldve made postseason.

We were mistake away from making playoffs in 2009,2011 and 2013.

Soxcat   

The Locker pick was horrible but QBs only have a 50% hit rate even when taken early ....if that.  The worst pick was Warmack.