How Trump Wins by Bashing the News Media

reo

It’s a shame the liberal media always cover up scandals by Democrats and there is zero negative coverage. I mean, they totally hushed up Clinton's Lewinsky affair where it was never mentioned. They never covered Hillary's emails once during the 2016. And not a peep about Obama's reverend in 2008...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's disgusting and disheartening that so many politicians are putting party-before-country to allow this to happen.  I don't even know how to describe the Republicans that desire to stand against thi

I will say Cosby is getting a lot of negative press today. Media is so bias. Can't they balance it with equal amounts of positive news?   /sarcasm

Conservatives have been attacking the “liberal media” for decades. At least back to the Nixon days. They hate the media exposing them.   But back then people couldn’t just tune out the real

9 minutes ago, reo said:

So? Does the media have a responsibility to only cover what people want covered? Does espn have a responsibility to do just as many positive Browns segments as they do Rams or Eagles? Just as many negative?

If you are a credible news source, then it would make sense.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

If you are a credible news source, then it would make sense.

Why? Report the news. If that's negative then it's negative. If it's continually a story that people are tired of hearing about so be it. I'm sure people during WW2 were sick of only hearing about the war but that was the most important story.

Forcing even coverage or covering only what people want to hear would be bias.

Edited by reo

21 minutes ago, reo said:

So? Does the media have a responsibility to only cover what people want covered? Does espn have a responsibility to do just as many positive Browns segments as they do Rams or Eagles? Just as many negative?

So does the MSM cover this at all?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailywire.com/news/29485/money-laundering-scheme-hillary-dnc-laundered-84-ryan-saavedra%3famp

38 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

They can cover what they want but the time spent on these stories is disproportionate to what average Americans care about.

You can find many links but here is one.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/networks-spend-55-time-covering-trump-russia-convince-only-6-americans-its-top

I have a few problems with that piece. Namely, they are conflating current events (Trump and Russia) with ongoing interests (healthcare, employment). These are two different categories to me - those stats would make more sense if asked what they care about in the context of how they vote. How is a 24/7 news service going to spend 48% of time talking about employment and healthcare, things that may not have any significant news for weeks on end?

BTW, it will sure as hell be higher than 6% if it turns out there is stuff here that could bring down Trump, either directly or in slow time. That's kinda the point of the media - they also serve to investigate and scrutinize Government when it investigates, and things don't come to light and into the average American's sphere without it.

But of course news focuses on scandal or potential scandal over feel good stat reporting. They are run by people trying to make a career for themselves. Sounds as American as you can get to me.

4 minutes ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

Few people in this nation believes that the media is truthful and biased. Most know that the media is the arm of the DNC. 

Trump did not jot have to do anything with the media for the media to be seen with disdain.

Trump was on CNN constantly during the campaign, dummy. The free media coverage is part of why he got elected.

20 minutes ago, reo said:

No subscription so can't read it.

For some reason I can, and it seems like a pretty good write up. It sounds like campaign finance watchdogs think there is something to the claims, although it sounds like both campaigns took advantage of a ruling, that the FEC tried to stop, that effectively allowed a candidate's campaign to bypass donation limits by routing money through state arms of the party. As the Dems were basically all in on Hillary, I guess they did a better/bigger job of it.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

It’s a shame the liberal media always cover up scandals by Democrats and there is zero negative coverage. I mean, they totally hushed up Clinton's Lewinsky affair where it was never mentioned. They never covered Hillary's emails once during the 2016. And not a peep about Obama's reverend in 2008...

It’s going to come to a head at some point. 1/3rd of our electorate gets their news from FB and total bullshit news sources. Something has to give. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 hours ago, OzTitan said:

If you ignore it for petty reasons, it's only hurting you.

I'm not sure what you expect from an admin with a campaign being openly investigated for links to Russia, troubles getting clearances for key staff, negative leaks, constant firings, embarrassing encounters with other world leaders, pathetic twitter rants from the mind of a 10 year old kid. If 90% isn't the fair number, it wouldn't be far from it. Just think for a second how any of this could be reported positively - you'd basically have to go out of your way as a news outlet to simply lie, or just not report it. The reality is it's all in the public interest and worth reporting.

Remember that when the IG report is completely finished... Take the red pill... :335_cloud_lightning: