Vrabel OTA press conference

36 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Vrabel has worked other places.  In your/our reading up about him before he came, did he have this trait mentioned?  One thing about this board, we are a Titans Wikipedia, so if that's a character trait of his it would have been mentioned, a lot.  

Just a feeling I get from seeing a few of his pressers, he came off as  a bit impatient & authoritative to the media. It's not a big deal though.

Vrabel has a very unique personality, different from almost any coach I can remember. He's as direct & blunt as I've ever seen, as type A alpha type as it gets. So things in general will be different then the norm, more colorful for sure. 

How can you watch that interview and come away thinking that his personality is volatile?? 

That was even less "volatile" than his introduction when it could be argued that he was going to be a huge asshole. 

He was very calm, respectful, honest and articulate here. 

4 minutes ago, Stranger said:

How can you watch that interview and come away thinking that his personality is volatile?? 

That was even less "volatile" than his introduction when it could be argued that he was going to be a huge asshole. 

He was very calm, respectful, honest and articulate here. 

Prejudged.

15 minutes ago, chef said:

I was just thinking yesterday watching a JRob draft interview that Man he's come a long way in a hurry.  From shaky nervous WTF am I doing here to clear, confident (borderline cocky) man with the plan in charge.  Just not reasonable to assume that someone who has never done a job before (as in a new role, promotion) will be as good Day One as Year Three, and in reality that would be pretty horrible right?  No improvement?  It's why many qualified people don't get hired (You've never done this job so how could you?) and many proven failures keep getting hired since their resume says they have done the job before (see Whiz).

There was a discussion on the radio yesterday about GM's and how they usually get just one shot.  If they get canned, it's almost impossible to get another GM position.  They went some into how taxing the job is.  They don't have to just get players, but they have to deal with all the personalities in the organization.  If they rub someone the wrong way, it's easy for them to be shown the door.  Look at the talent the Titans had and Floyd lost out to probably the most inept personal man in the business.  Fisher even got another job and would still be HC if the team stayed in SL.  Floyd is on local radio.  Coaches gets 1, 2 and 3 teams.  Mularkey was run out of town over and over and over again.

8 hours ago, Huston said:

The guy is smart and seems to know his limitations as well as the need to delegate, you guys are ridicules sometimes.

Exactly. He's made those steps. We need this guy to make good choices and LEAD. We don't fucking need him to be BB. Cowher will do just fine. 

7 hours ago, chef said:

I was just thinking yesterday watching a JRob draft interview that Man he's come a long way in a hurry.  From shaky nervous WTF am I doing here to clear, confident (borderline cocky) man with the plan in charge.  Just not reasonable to assume that someone who has never done a job before (as in a new role, promotion) will be as good Day One as Year Three, and in reality that would be pretty horrible right?  No improvement?  It's why many qualified people don't get hired (You've never done this job so how could you?) and many proven failures keep getting hired since their resume says they have done the job before (see Whiz).

And I'm sure Vrabel and Jrob will help each other in that regard. 

Fully backing Vrabel 

He’s the leader of the pack and will let his coordinators coordinate how they see fit. 

He brought in guys who will do a bang up job. 

Davis will be used properly. MM too. 

I expect Taylor to be a catch machine in the slot and Matthews and Walker our third down guys. 

Tomorrow we get an impact defender. 

Friday we get two guys preferably on each side of the ball who can start and contribute right away. 

I would like to see a WR in 3

im really hoping Nwosu is a Titan after this draft