NFL Nation Mock Draft

socaltitan

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

I just dont see it with Hubbard

I'm not saying I want him to be the pick, it's just a weird feeling I have. 

It's the same feeling I have had with other dealings with the Titans.

Hope I am wrong. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wolfe had us taking Hubbard. Polian hated the pick. Questioned his athleticism. McShay called him a late 2nd/3rd round pick   I'm not the biggest fan of going WR again, but in this mock, Rid

Haha...this is classic TitansReport. Each year around this time we often come to a consensus on what the worst (logical) pick would be and then we convince ourselves that this person (Sam Hubbard this

Correction. What everybody besides tgo thinks.

47 minutes ago, TitansAB said:

Hope I am wrong. 

Don’t you bring that evil round here.

1 minute ago, titansfan said:

Lol don't all teams want these traits in their players?

Yes, but not every team sticks to it.  Some teams are will to put up with character risks, others won't.

6 hours ago, TitansAB said:

Hope I am wrong. 

I think it’s safe to say one of the 5 will absolutely be a Titan

Josh Sweat

Dorance Armstrong

Justin Reid

Sam Hubbard

Rashaan Evans

Hubbard is tough to figure because the rap on him is that he lacks athleticism but his combine numbers outside of the 40 were very good. His 3 cone was excellent & may have been the best of all the edge players, it was definitely up there. His vertical was also excellent & his broad jump good. The problem is his 40, he didn't run at the combine & he mentioned something to the media about waiting to his pro day because he hadn't had enough training in the 40, or something to that effect. Then he ran a 4.95 at his proday, which means the combine 40 would've been over 5. That's rough. I'd feel much better about him if he even ran a 4.8, because his other drills were so good.

The other thing that bothers me is his relative lack of production. For a kid who supposedly has very advanced hand usage & top notch technique, he wasn't very good in college. Like it said in the SackSeer from FO I posted, Sweat actually had about the same amount of sacks per game & also had a lot of passes defensed, which they claim correlates very much to being a good pro edge. 

So Hubbard really doesn't have the athletic or technique upside. Sweat was just as good a player, maybe better, and he dealt with injuries that impeded his development & apparently wasn't asked to turn it loose to get the QB very often in FSU's scheme. And he blows him away athletically.