Cryptic tweet from Delanie

Carpy

14 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Whatever it is, Walker did not have a good year last year.  He dropped 2 easy TD's and had a key fumble as well.  He was one of the biggest reasons they lost the SF game.

4 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I'd hate to see Walker leave, but if someone were willing to overpay, you absolutely have to strongly consider it. 

Despite how good he can be, I don't think we'd get a lot for a 34 year old TE though. 

Maybe he's trying to convince an LA team player to come to the Titans via trade??

I was exaggerating Walker's worth, but I don't see this as an opportune time to let his go.  First, he's not going to get some huge price above his worth to the Titans.  He's Mariota's #1 target and he's a fan favorite, as long as he keeps his mouth shut about that flag.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Walker but some of you are delusional. He's getting old and want be featured like he has been in the past. If they can get something good for him, I say do it.

What is the max value for him though? While he's very good, he's 34 next season. If all you can get is a 4, he has more value staying here. I don't see anyone giving a 1 or 2 for a 34 year old TE, eve

Hate to concur with this line of thinking, but you can't sit back and talk about how the Pats are so smart in doing this sort of thing and then not be willing to pull the tough trigger to do it yourse

1 minute ago, Stranger said:

I'd hate to see Walker leave, but if someone were willing to overpay, you absolutely have to strongly consider it. 

Despite how good he can be, I don't think we'd get a lot for a 34 year old TE though. 

Maybe he's trying to convince an LA team player to come to the Titans via trade??

Aaron Donald maybe...?

whatthefuck4c0b9.gif?ssl=1

25 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I like Walker but some of you are delusional. He's getting old and want be featured like he has been in the past. If they can get something good for him, I say do it.

It is more delusional to think you get any value out of a 34 year old TE.  NFL GMs aren't always bright though. A 3rd rounder would be a pipe dream, and whoever we draft there isn't going to fill the need at TE in a win now year. Realistically, what do you think we get for Delanie in a trade?

27 minutes ago, oldschool said:

They have no one to replace him with. The Pats don’t tend to trade vets unless they have a way to replace them. Jonnu showed little last year and Stocker and Supernaw scare no one.

Unless they plan to pick a TE on day 1 or 2 or demote the TE position altogether and draft a WR early then it wouldn’t make much sense to move Walker. He was still the top offensive threat last year and isn’t really showing his age yet.

Trading Walker would be a sign they aren’t trying to win in 2018, IMHO.

1 hour ago, Carpy said:

I agree it is unlikely, but the TE position is certainly unlikely to be as integral to LaFleur’s offense as it was in Mularkey’s system last year.  No TE on the Rams had more than 25 catches and if the coaching staff is high on Jonnu, then trading Delanie while he has some value is not totally crazy.  I don’t want it to happen, because he is one of my favourite players, but I wouldn’t rule it out altogether,

McVay used Jordan Reed a lot in WAS. Those Rams TE aren't as good as Reed or Delanie

25 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Whatever it is, Walker did not have a good year last year.  He dropped 2 easy TD's and had a key fumble as well.  He was one of the biggest reasons they lost the SF game.

Walker had back to back 800 yard receiving seasons in an antiquated run first offense. His one year in a pass happy offense he had a 1,000 yard season. He could easily have another 1,000 yard season this year if used properly. He had some errors but to say he had a bad year is a stretch.

1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

I do think we'll start to see the focus shift more towards Corey than Delanie. It should be that way.

I do think we see more emphasis on WRs, one reason why I see us going WR early. I do think there will be enough to go around for everyone, and Delanie will be used a good bit in the slot.

Delanie is in a unique situation. He hit his prime at a later age than most. I think that makes it hard to tell what he could get in the open market. I'd be all for extending him a few more seasons. He's still playing at a high level. Even if his production starts to go down, he's still valuable as an all-around player.

Wouldn't surprise me and if they got value for him it honestly wouldn't bother me overly much. He's not getting any younger and he dropped a lot of key passes last year too.