Sign in to follow this  
Face

FO's 2018 SackSeer

Face   
38 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s a pointless pick. Dodd has just as good of a chance becoming the SLB as Hubbard. We need an EMLOS/WLB in the worst way. 

I wonder what they think of Aaron Wallace? Obviously not enough that it would influence their 1st rd pick if they really like an outside pass rusher but I was really impressed with what I saw last preseason, I think he could've made an impact had he not gotten the back injury. He jumped off the screen against the backups when I watched, he looked like a starting level player to me.

Kyle021   
18 minutes ago, Face said:

I wonder what they think of Aaron Wallace? Obviously not enough that it would influence their 1st rd pick if they really like an outside pass rusher but I was really impressed with what I saw last preseason, I think he could've made an impact had he not gotten the back injury. He jumped off the screen against the backups when I watched, he looked like a starting level player to me.

I think he is a wildcard to start at ILB

hes a very talented player. It’s obvious JR thinks highly of him and Reed

Face   
2 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I think he is a wildcard to start at ILB

hes a very talented player. It’s obvious JR thinks highly of him and Reed

At least as of last year he was strictly an edge, but I believe he played some off ball LBer at UCLA. He could be interesting at SILB, being that he's a ripped 250 lbs & could be a potential force on blitz's, which if we follow the Pats system I expect this position to be sent after the QB often.

Edited by Face

Stan17   
2 minutes ago, Face said:

At least as of last year he was strictly an edge

You're correct.  He was in no way used as an ILB and its non sense to think he will be a starter there after being injured for a year.

Face   
15 minutes ago, Stan17 said:

You're correct.  He was in no way used as an ILB and its non sense to think he will be a starter there after being injured for a year.

I agree but I can see him being a backup at multiple positions & getting worked in there. I've mentioned this a few times but the Pats defense, and I assume we'll be running a very similar system based on our HC & DC, blitzes the strong side ILB ALOT. It's almost like another pass rush position for them. That's where Donta Hightower plays & he blitzes so much it's ridiculous, it's why they don't emphasize coverage as much as other teams do there. They want big, strong run stoppers & blitzers to plays that spot. Belichick has even used former pass rushers, 4-3 ends & 3-4 OLB's, to play there. So Wallace could fit there.

But by & large I agree, I think he's mainly seen as an edge.

2 hours ago, socaltitan said:

I can't imagine Hubbard playing Orakpo's spot at all. We need speed off the edge. Both might be gone in a year, but if we extend one, I'd like to extend Morgan. Still only 29. Think he's got a few good years left.

I agree. Dodd may not be the answer to replace Morgan, but he was drafted to be, and there has been no replacement drafted in early rounds to replace Orakpo. I say draft Rak's replacement early this year, and if Dodd shows no improvement this year, resign Morgan and start to look for his replacement next off season. Dodd and Hubbard are basically the same guy. Hubbard is not explosive enough to play weak side edge. 

Face   
12 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I agree. Dodd may not be the answer to replace Morgan, but he was drafted to be, and there has been no replacement drafted in early rounds to replace Orakpo. I say draft Rak's replacement early this year, and if Dodd shows no improvement this year, resign Morgan and start to look for his replacement next off season. Dodd and Hubbard are basically the same guy. Hubbard is not explosive enough to play weak side edge. 

I wonder if they draft Hubbard it's because they maybe see him adding 20lbs & playing 3-4 DE?

Face   
16 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Why do that

14 minutes ago, Huston said:

Yeah don't see an upside to that, he is a 4-3 end to me.

Agree. Just sort've thinking out loud.  His strengths are his length & hand usage, he's better off engaging the OL & getting off the block then blowing by him with speed. He might be better at end.  

But it also sounds like it took a long time just to get up to 265, I don't think he could play at a comfortable 285-290.