Prediction Time: Who Will the Titans Take at 25?

Jonboy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad we made the playoffs and won a game

I have no idea why people respond to tez

This draft sucks.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

don't think this has any bearing on what JRob does at 25, just interesting to see just how much cash we have committed to defense this year.

Good chance we are taking a WR early.  Our receiver depth right now is Matthews, Davis, Taylor and Sharpe. Pretty much one proven guy

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Morgan/Orakpo/Logan all out of contract after this year, plus Lewan/Mariota getting extensions will balance that up a bit heading into 2019.

Logan was 3 years. Do you mean guaranteed money? I think we re-sign both Morgan and Orakpo. Both are still good starters who set the edge, and neither will command a big enough contract to get us a solid compensatory pick. Both years they’ve been together they’ve put up solid sack numbers to go with excellent pressure stats. 

If we are only only going to keep one it has to be Morgan, but Orakpo is harder to fill in the draft unless it’s a 1st. This is why taking a guy like Hubbard would be stupid on all fronts. It’ll be the first real black eye for Robinson if he goes that route as we will have 3 SLBs on the roster, one who is in his prime. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Logan was 3 years. Do you mean guaranteed money? I think we re-sign both Morgan and Orakpo. Both are still good starters who set the edge, and neither will command a big enough contract to get us a solid compensatory pick. Both years they’ve been together they’ve put up solid sack numbers to go with excellent pressure stats. 

If we are only only going to keep one it has to be Morgan, but Orakpo is harder to fill in the draft unless it’s a 1st. This is why taking a guy like Hubbard would be stupid on all fronts. It’ll be the first real black eye for Robinson if he goes that route as we will have 3 SLBs on the roster, one who is in his prime. 

no i'm talking about Bennie Logan, who is getting $4+ million this year.

I keep trying to want a guy at 25 but I’m at the point I don’t really care who it is as long as they are someone that can contribute from day 1. We could really use any position in our front 7. 

I will only be disappointed in our pick if it’s OL or WR. Sure we could use a player at interior OL or WR but I don’t see either position providing much of an upgrade in year one.

53 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

FWIW, PK thinks there is a high chance we get stuck at 25 and have to take a guy we aren't exactly in love with.

JRob will take his highest grade if stuck at 25.  Book it.  If it’s Hubbard and he is a 10 year starter then JRob nailed it.

Despite what some say, the G from AR is the only true bust JRob has so far.  I’m ready for JRob to get an undrafted FA to contribute.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

FWIW, PK thinks there is a high chance we get stuck at 25 and have to take a guy we aren't exactly in love with.

PK probably also thinks there's a chance no player wants to play for the Titans, and we end the draft with only two guys who really care to play for us.

its funny looking through all the major draft media posting their final mock drafts over the last couple of hours, and what they have the Titans doing.

have seen a bit of everything.

if we stay at 25, have seen us taking Davenport, Evans, Daniels, Ridley, Landry, Vander Esch, Sweat

if we trade up to 18 and take Davenport

if we trade back to 33 and take Hubbard.

pretty good indication no one has a clear read what JRob is going to do.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08