4 dead at Waffle House in Antioch

IsntLifeFunny

27 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

If there aren't laws already implicating the father there should be.  If you provide a gun to someone who then uses that gun in a crime you should be responsible.

The biggest right wing gun lover would agree to that. 

If only the NRA would agree to that maybe their denizens in Congress could pass some sort of rational gun reform...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously we need to build a wall (and make Waffle House pay for it)

WTF? Why the Waffle House? If you're a gun loon and looking into mass killing, why in the hell would you choose a Waffle House? The place holds 50 people max. Any time that I've been, the customers ha

@Soxcat @JakePA_Titan @Titansgoodluckcharm Racial slurs are about the only thing we moderate here. Repeated use will get your account banned. This includes slightly modified racial slurs used in

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

Don't know or care about that. They showed up took his weapons then gave them back. That Dylan Roof kid that shot up that Church had a background and the Government didn't respond to his background check to stop the sale of the handgun. In almost every one of these shootings (the Vegas shooter being about the only exception) the government had the ability to prevent it and failed to do so. 

People in this country bitch and bitch about everything but never actually hold the government accountable for anything. So screw it. 

They gave the weapons to his father, not to the shooter. For all we know they were following the law. 

Regardless, if the law doesn’t work then you change the law. 

There is no indication that giving the guns back to the father was anything other than proper enforcement of the existing law. If that changes, if we find out it wasn't appropriate, I'll join you in outrage.

Since there's no indication it was improper and since you also feel the father should be prosecuted, allow me to welcome you to the moment to change gun laws in America.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Good point.  We need to enforce the laws we already have.  I'm all for accurate background checks and waiting periods.  We shouldn't be disillusioned into thinking this can stop all the crazies but we obviously need to do a better job.  I believe gun ownership is a right but only a right for those who aren't a threat to society. 

I don't see how anyone could reasonably disagree with this.  Inject partisan politics and what passes for media these days into the mix though, and poof- mysteriously, yet predictably, common sense leaves the room and all the crazy people are invited into the conversation for ratings.  Common sense has no place in the world of crazy people, idiots, and ratings.  

Edited by smokeater

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

There is no indication that giving the guns back to the father was anything other than proper enforcement of the existing law. If that changes, if we find out it wasn't appropriate, I'll join you in outrage.

Since there's no indication it was improper and since you also feel the father should be prosecuted, allow me to welcome you to the moment to change gun laws in America.

It was improper because it was a fucking retarded thing to do. If the law dictates that they had to do it and had no choice, then that law is retarded and needs to change.

IMHO, they probably had the option of prosecuting his father, thereby allowing them to not have to return the weapons, but chose not to do so.

Edited by Denali

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Problem is the kid didn't really show his idiocy and craziness prior to this shooting.  Not to the extent he would be considered a real threat.  That is the way it always is.  In hindsight and a crystal ball we should catch these guys ahead of the act but that isn't how it works. 

That's the heart of the problem.

It's not against the law to be crazy - just to do certain crazy things.

No one is a mass murderer until they are - then it's too late.

BTW, they just caught his ass.  Kudos to police restraint in not shooting on sight.  Of course, now we have the cost of trial and incarceration when what is really needed is a bullet but that's the price we pay for civilized justice.

10 hours ago, Starkiller said:

They gave the weapons to his father, not to the shooter. For all we know they were following the law. 

Regardless, if the law doesn’t work then you change the law. 

See here is what I'm saying. Fucking tards making excuses for all the fuck up government employees. Until ppl start holding them accountable, I don't give a rats ass about any Dbag Dem or little school children screaming for gun control. 

On 4/22/2018 at 0:23 PM, Starkiller said:

No, the wall does not pay for itself. Because it doesn’t stop people from getting here illegally. Most of our illegal immigrants did not even walk across the US-Mexico border. A wall doesn’t stop anyone from coming here legally and overstaying their visa, which is the source of most of our illegal immigrants. Nor does it stop people from tunneling under the border, as the drug trade already does to avoid detection.

Further, Even the DHS says the wall would cost way more than that estimate. And the DHS is probably underbugeting, too.

The immigration problem could be largely be solved simply by fining any employer who hires an illegal immigrant. 

Isn't illegal immigration at an all time low?  So why would you build an expensive wall for that?  Not to mean the enviromental negatives as well.

1 hour ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

See here is what I'm saying. Fucking tards making excuses for all the fuck up government employees. Until ppl start holding them accountable, I don't give a rats ass about any Dbag Dem or little school children screaming for gun control. 

They can't win, can they?  I would bet without hindsight you'd be saying that the FBI not giving the guns back to the father would be too hard nosed and just amounts to the feds stealing guns.  

We'll see eventually.  The authorities will have little choice but to draw a harder line, and I suspect the opposition will not be very supportive. 

2 hours ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

Have you found any evidence yet that giving the weapons to the father wasn’t legal???