headhunter

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its Jake, fuck him

Also Mayock and co  get the pick before its announced and i hate that. Mayock seems to want to be right with every pick. Annoying

this week an analysis of the last 5yrs of the mainstream draft media final mock drafts was put out, Mayock was the most accurate of any of them.

mock drafts by nature is an inexact science way too many variables, but credit to Mayock he puts in the work to make his the most accurate it can be.

in his conference call with the media, it sounded like he was going to put an ILB or OLB for us at 25 when he releases his mock draft the night before the draft.

I don't see him on TV much, so I don't mind watching him do the draft.  Don't watch NFLN all that much either, but I will always watch it before I watch ESPN's crap.  I don't always agree with his picks that often though.  He lost me way back when he pulled Gabbert out of his ass from nowhere, as his top QB that year.  I haven't liked him as much since then.

2 hours ago, titantez said:

Really people were amazed at his lingo, the tight twitch, nice bubble, poor man's etc, allergic to contact, stiff torso.

Anyone know what a "hip snap" is? Mayock's just doing what the producers want him to do which is to go out on a limb and add a little drama/comedy to the show. I saw the one this evening when it came down to the Patriots having the last pick in the first round and Eisen was putting him on the spot to predict as Goodell was striding toward the podium. Mayock was moaning about how hard it is to anticipate Belichick. Just under the wire, Mayock shouts "Malcolm Brown!" and sure enough....

I'm of the mind that Mayock spoils picks. I think he's either getting texts or looking at Twitter but it happens too often to be a coincidence. That said, the NFLN broadcast is far superior to the ESPN one. Over the last two years I've tried hard to ensure that picks don't get spoiled so I've now reverted to muting the chat before selections.

7 hours ago, gaskill15 said:

Mayock ain't perfect but he's sure as hell better than watching the Kiper version. 

I've always enjoyed Mel Kiper. There is just something about his neurotic tendencies that I found endearing. That coupled with the self deprecating humor has always been enough to have ESPN on during the draft.

Theres some nostalgia when i watch ESPN and that ticker sound when the pick is in and Mel may not be the brightest but hes entertaining and I like him saying its not a good pick instead of Mayock saying this is a good kid every time.