Mason Rudolph visited the Titans yesterday

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kyle Lauletta. Something tells me he will be a good QB hopefully we end up with him.   Mariota,Gabbert,Lauletta great QB depth.

Hopefully Kyle Lauletta falls in our laps later in the draft.  

Haven’t we only drafted 1 or 2 defensive players in the first round this past decade?

that concludes a surprising amount of interest in QB's this pre draft season

we have either worked out or visited with

Kyle Allen - Houston

Mike White - Western Kentucky

Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma St

Craig Stevens - Colorado 

Kyle Lauletta - Richmond (significant presence at his pro day)

There hasn't been 5 QBs taken in the first round since 1999 

In no order:

Donald

Rosen

Mayfield

Allen

Jackson

Rudolph

6 guys rumored to go in the first round, I just can't see it happening. Someone is going to be available in the second round and that should push your next tier down into the 3rd to 4th round area.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Kyle Allen - Houston

Craig Stevens - Colorado 

I think it reflects the ever growing importance of offense in this sport that has been heavily neglected by this franchise until recently. The Eagles showed that your backup QB doesn't have to be the equivalent of a spare tire like a Blaine Gabbert. You can draft real talent and develop them.

Having 2 good QBs is a great problem to have - you keep pressure on the starter to always be on top of his game, have quality if the starter is injured, and could possibly even trade the backup for real draft capital.

1 minute ago, JNew said:

I think it reflects the ever growing importance of offense in this sport that has been heavily neglected by this franchise until recently. The Eagles showed that your backup QB doesn't have to be the equivalent of a spare tire like a Blaine Gabbert. You can draft real talent and develop them.

Having 2 good QBs is a great problem to have - you keep pressure on the starter to always be on top of his game, have quality if the starter is injured, and could possibly even trade the backup for real draft capital.

Haven’t we only drafted 1 or 2 defensive players in the first round this past decade?

Edited by japan

Fact is if you're not looked at as a sure fire prospect once you get pushed out of the 1st and definitely 2nd round there is little expectation for your success as a QB. What that means is that quality QBs with holes in their game fall super far in the draft, just look at Brady who was flabby and had little college production. 

Give these guys a chance and really coach them up you can find a gem for bargain prices if you do your homework. Way too imortant a position to be so lacking in investment and research. Pat's had the best all time QB and always research the QBs and invest. Good to see we are having the same philosophy

3 minutes ago, japan said:

By neglect I don't mean draft capital as much as we have historically been a defensive minded football team with offensive ingenuity being an afterthought over the past 20 years in TN

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Kyle Allen - Houston

Craig Stevens - Colorado 

I remember hearing we spoke with Texas Tech QB Nic Shimonek a good bit at the combine as well.

"According to Bleacher Report’s Doug Farrar, Shimonek informally met with approximately 20 teams at the NFL combine, with the Tennessee Titans noted as one team with considerable interest."

3 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

I remember hearing we spoke with Texas Tech QB Nic Shimonek a good bit at the combine as well.

"According to Bleacher Report’s Doug Farrar, Shimonek informally met with approximately 20 teams at the NFL combine, with the Tennessee Titans noted as one team with considerable interest."

Shimonek is the the guy I think ends up a Titan......would love White but unless he lasts to our pick in the 5th...I don't see it happening.