2018 NFL Draft Rumors & Speculation Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read somewhere that all 32 teams will love their first round picks and claim that he was "our man" all along.  Some will say that they are "shocked" that their player fell to them in the second roun

John Owning‏ @JohnOwning Apr 17 FINALLY My EDGE rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft. Any questions? Feel free to throw em my way.

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

With just over a week to go, the rumors and speculation should ramp up. Let's start it off with this one...

Just goes to show you how cyclical the league is. 3-4 years ago, the media and the fans would've been hanging a team that would spend a top 5 pick on a RB. RB is devalued, its the most worthless position, etc

Now taking a RB high is a great move again.

If they're not sold that one of these guys is a franchise QB, ok I get it. You don't want to do what the Titans did in 2011. You don't want to take Bortles because you needed a QB and passing on Mack, Donald, etc. The Texans taking Carr over Julius Peppers.

It'd be hard to stomach though if I was a Giants fan. You rarely get a chance picking that high to take a QB, especially one where there's 4-5 QB who could go round one. Eli is 37. I don't see him being like Brady and still being great at 40. He's on his last legs.

13 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Just goes to show you how cyclical the league is. 3-4 years ago, the media and the fans would've been hanging a team that would spend a top 5 pick on a RB. RB is devalued, its the most worthless position, etc

Now taking a RB high is a great move again.

Most of the NYG fans I've seen react to this are furious. They want a QB.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Most of the NYG fans I've seen react to this are furious. They want a QB.

I don't blame them. I'd want one. I don't see Eli playing past 40 like Brady.

It depends on where you have them graded relative to a Barkley/Chubb for me. If you think one of them is a franchise QB, they'd be idiots not to take him. I don't think Goff or Wentz were necessarily seen as the best prospects coming out in 16,' but they're QB so that's what happens.

You don't want to do what the Titans did in 2011 and reach for a QB because you need one and pass on great talent elsewhere. If they're not sold on these QB, then yeah I get it. It'd be hard to stomach though if I were a Giants fan. You don't get many opportunities to get a potential franchise QB in the draft.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic