The Patriots Dynasty Whose Most Responsible (Is Brady leading a revolt against Belichick?)

MIKE75

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A classic Mike novella post----it's comforting to know that in a completely unpredictable world there are a few things that are constants. When you see that Mike has started a thread, you automaticall

They should have kept Garoppolo and traded Brady at the end of the season.  And I'm sure that's exactly what Belichick would have done if he was allowed to.

Brady has played against the AFC East every year which usually is terrible.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

A classic Mike novella post----it's comforting to know that in a completely unpredictable world there are a few things that are constants. When you see that Mike has started a thread, you automatically know that you're going to be treading water in an infinite sea of text.

If (more likely when) I'm sentenced to death and lying on the table waiting for my lethal injection, I want Mike to write my "last words."

Edited to add: I hope that Mike chooses to write something like a Mike-length review of the performance of the 1997 Tennessee Oilers' special teams to troll the audience at my execution....

Sure,No problem     preview.jpg

2 hours ago, Titansurf32 said:

Brady wasnt solely responsible Belichick's quick success in New England.  It was Belichick's familiarity and long track record with a Parcells built team.  However, I do think Brady is the perfect mix of a Belichick and Parcells type player which made him a perfect fit.

True.

Belichick was a big part of the reason the Giants won those titles with his innovative defenses. Belichick did have a hard time getting his teams over .500 his first few years but i think everything started to click in 2001 for two reasons he had finally built a really good defense and Brady played well enough without making mistakes.

Whats fascinating also in another respect is someone else in that Parcells tree who was a really good head coach and that is Tom Coughlin.

Coughlin came very close three different times in Jax 1996,1998 and 1999 going to 2 AFC Championships but losing both but then with the N.Y. Giants where he once was a position coach but now a head coach he came close three different times there too in 2007,2008 and 2011 went to 2 NFC Championships but this time he made it past that point both times and won 2 Super Bowls.

Coughlin i must admit i didn't like him going back to Jax because he is good at helping teams win.

Both Coughlin and Belichick are from the Parcells tree and Coughlin was part of the 1990 team that won a Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, MIKE75 said:

True.

Belichick was a big part of the reason the Giants won those titles with his innovative defenses. Belichick did have a hard time getting his teams over .500 his first few years but i think everything started to click in 2001 for two reasons he had finally built a really good defense and Brady played well enough without making mistakes.

More importantly the pats team he inherited from Carroll was by-and-large built by Parcells and that he himself was an assistant for a couple years before.  i.e. He took over a team full of players he had either coached before or the same type of player that he and Parcells had recruited and coached for most of his career.  A far superior situation than he had with the Browns.

It’s hard to win without a QB!? .......And then he discovered Brady! 

Lets not pretend Brady was the savior lol...Brady wasn’t always Brady they did amazing being patient with him, building around him & not putting to much on him! For years Brady had a semi game manager role early on in his career! 

But it’s impossible to know the answer...

Tom Brady’s a great QB...Probably the best ever! 

Belicheck is also a great coach! You have both of these then you’ll have a lot of success! 

12 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The initial guy that did it, Matt Walsh, lives in Hawaii and was likely paid off and likely signed an agreement with the Patriots not to disclose anything.

They’ve got a guy on their payroll whose entire job is to find ways to cheat. 

On 4/17/2018 at 7:23 PM, Titansurf32 said:

Brady wasnt solely responsible Belichick's quick success in New England.  It was Belichick's familiarity and long track record with a Parcells built team.  However, I do think Brady is the perfect mix of a Belichick and Parcells type player which made him a perfect fit.

I don't think anyone is saying Brady is solely responsible, or that Belicheck is just a lucky idiot who landed the best QB of all time. But a lucky idiot could have won quite a lot with Tom Brady.

If Belicheck is good at anything it's turning his lack of personality into a mystique. He got all these guys drinking the Kool aid, taking pay cuts, dealing with conditions most teams couldm't get away with etc. A lot of that still had to do with Tom Brady, but the fact he leveraged wanting to play with this quarterback into squeezing every drop of juice out of players and throwing them away like Butler at the Super Bowl is pretty impressive. It's all coming tumbling down now but what a hell of a 20 year run

Also everyone shitting on early Brady, it's like early McNair and many other great QBs with less stellar stats. If you watched football long enough you know the mark of a good QB is mastery in operating an offense and doing what you're asked to do and executing. What that looks like is different for every offense.

In 2004 Daunte Culpeper threw for 4700 yards but no way in hell I'm taking him over Brady that year and I'd imagine you'd feel the same. Stats only tell partial truths, but if you watched him play in the early years you see why he won where Bledsoe, a damn good QB himself, wasn't cutting it.

14 hours ago, JNew said:

I don't think anyone is saying Brady is solely responsible, or that Belicheck is just a lucky idiot who landed the best QB of all time. But a lucky idiot could have won quite a lot with Tom Brady.

Brady is definitely an integral cog in the Belichick machine but the Belichick/Parcells (later the Patriots) championship ways were long in existence before Brady and as long as Belichick and his tree keep coaching, they will outlast him as well.  Brady was the perfect player for a Parcells/Belichick team and was definitely a superbowl champ before he was anywhere near the caliber of QB he is today.  Who knows what would have happened with his career had he not been selected by the Pats.  I am not sure who was more the lucky idiot Belichick or Brady.

Edited:  Just remember we have the proof Belichick's system could win a ring with Jeff Hostetler and could get to a Super Bowl with Bledsoe.  We may never know what Brady can do without Belichick's system. 

Edited by Titansurf32