Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
newschool

HELP! I'm in love with the WR draft class

Recommended Posts

GLinks   

It’s hard to predict the Cowboys since they have so many needs. 

 

But what I do like about Sutton is having a big body guy with great hands, and despite the separation discussion, he had a 6.57 3-cone time. I think Mariota’s accuracy plus Sutton’s catch radius, hands and production together alleviate the anxiety around his ability to separate from defenders. 

 

I like him better than Mike Williams from Clemson last year. We did the right thing so far in choosing Davis vs Ross and Williams, IMO

 

Edited by GLinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, japan said:

They would rather throw Adoree out there as a WR when the game was on the line than Taylor. Pretty damning. 

It’s more damning for the retarded coaches coaching staff that was let go. 

 

Derrick Henry would have 6 carries for 38 yards and then be benched for the rest of the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   
15 minutes ago, GLinks said:

It’s hard to predict the Cowboys since they have so many needs. 

 

But it what I do like about Sutton is having a big body guy with great hands, and despite the separation discussion, he had a 6.57 3-cone time. I think Mariota’s accuracy plus Sutton’s catch radius, hands and production together alleviate the anxiety around his ability to separate from defenders. 

 

I like him better than Mike Williams from Clemson last year. We did the right thing so far in choosing Davis vs Ross and Williams, IMO

 

There are also questions about Sutton's route running.   That's either a plus or minus depending on whether you think your staff can improve him.  If so, he still has an upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sutton is the closest thing to Dez from a physical perspective of the 1st round WR. Garrett worked him out privately. He's a Texas kid who played at SMU. I can see DAL picking him.

 

They could certainly go LB as well, but I just think with a young QB like Prescott who's still developing, they'll try to put more pieces around him. 

 

Edited by socaltitan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GLinks said:

It’s hard to predict the Cowboys since they have so many needs. 

 

But it what I do like about Sutton is having a big body guy with great hands, and despite the separation discussion, he had a 6.57 3-cone time. I think Mariota’s accuracy plus Sutton’s catch radius, hands and production together alleviate the anxiety around his ability to separate from defenders. 

 

I like him better than Mike Williams from Clemson last year. We did the right thing so far in choosing Davis vs Ross and Williams, IMO

 

 

I was on DJ Moore immediately, and never thought about Ridley even falling to us, and I'd love to have either on the team but Sutton grows on me as we get nearer the draft. Like you said, the catch radius and the way he uses his body. He's more athletic than Mike Williams, he will be a better pro.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
patsplat   

Spend some time reviewing the careers of our last three first round WRs, that should get things sorted out.

Edited by patsplat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GLinks   
7 hours ago, ctm said:

There are also questions about Sutton's route running.   That's either a plus or minus depending on whether you think your staff can improve him.  If so, he still has an upside.

 

As long as his history proves he’s coachable and they like him, I’d say so.  I think he can also be a big-time third down converter.

 

 

6 hours ago, JNew said:

 

I was on DJ Moore immediately, and never thought about Ridley even falling to us, and I'd love to have either on the team but Sutton grows on me as we get nearer the draft. Like you said, the catch radius and the way he uses his body. He's more athletic than Mike Williams, he will be a better pro.

 

 

It took me awhile to even pay the position any attention, but there’s a lot to like if your team is in the market. I think Moore would be fine but, like you, I get more intrigued with Sutton. Nobody quite like him, even if there are taller and faster guys. 

 

I agree. He has great body control and positioning. For some reason I think he may pair well with Corey Davis.

 

But I’m open to other guys as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
16 hours ago, japan said:

They would rather throw Adoree out there as a WR when the game was on the line than Taylor. Pretty damning. 

Based on what?  That time that he burnt AJ Bouye?  Oh, wait....

 

Adoree has a total of like 2 plays that he had to know.  Taylor had an entire playbook, which given the struggles of basically every young skill player under the previous staff, he had a tough time making the transition.  I can understand not being sold on Taylor, but preferring a defensive player who took some handoffs to play WR is displaying the same level of retard that got our previous regime canned.

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MIKE75   

You are right there are some really good underrated WR in this draft class. Pettis has had a pre draft visit with us and.....

 

Pettis is the best punt returner in college football,so he would serve two purposes.

 

I really like Dante Pettis in the 3rd/4th round

 

4/7/18: Pettis played well in 2017 with 62 receptions for 721 yards and seven touchdowns. He also passed DeSean Jackson to be the Pac-12's all-time leader in punt returns for a touchdown with nine. Some scouts really like Pettis and say he is a smooth receiver who is fluid, fast, quick handed, and dangerous after the catch.  Pettis was the Huskies' No. 2 receiver to John Ross in 2016 and was a solid contributor. Pettis totaled 53 receptions for 822 yards with 15 touchdowns for Washington.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by MIKE75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japan   
22 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Based on what?  That time that he burnt AJ Bouye?  Oh, wait....

 

Adoree has a total of like 2 plays that he had to know.  Taylor had an entire playbook, which given the struggles of basically every young skill player under the previous staff, he had a tough time making the transition.  I can understand not being sold on Taylor, but preferring a defensive player who took some handoffs to play WR is displaying the same level of retard that got our previous regime canned.

I guess you missed some games last season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also want to mention I really like Richie James as a prospect. If he falls far in the draft due to the depth of the class I'd love to take a late round flier on him. Not as polished and needs to hit the weight room badly (6 reps bench), but he has the 3 inportant traits of tape, production and measurables (outside of mass/strength). 

 

As much as I like the idea of an early rd WR prospect, this draft is deeper at WR than last year and some real talent is going to fall. My early rd wish list is Moore/Ridley/Sutton/Chark, mid round Coutee, and late round flier is James. James I don't think would contribute right away outside of special teams but any of the rest would come in and be an upgrade at the #3/4 spot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JNew said:

I also want to mention I really like Richie James as a prospect. If he falls far in the draft due to the depth of the class I'd love to take a late round flier on him. Not as polished and needs to hit the weight room badly (6 reps bench), but he has the 3 inportant traits of tape, production and measurables (outside of mass/strength). 

 

As much as I like the idea of an early rd WR prospect, this draft is deeper at WR than last year and some real talent is going to fall. My early rd wish list is Moore/Ridley/Sutton/Chark, mid round Coutee, and late round flier is James. James I don't think would contribute right away outside of special teams but any of the rest would come in and be an upgrade at the #3/4 spot

 

I love Ritchie (I'm a MT grad) and would love to have him on this team. Watching him for years, he showed that he has a ton of ability to be able to play at the next level. Don't know how high I'm willing to go for him, though. Maybe 4th?

 

Deon Cain is the guy I go after in the 3rd. 6' 2", 202 lbs, 4.43 40 Yard Dash. Physical when going up for catches and is very fluid in his movements. Had low production for what was expected of him last year, but theres a ton of potential there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo59   

I THINK if Ridley falls NE and TN might take him.  NE really needs an LT but the more I think about it I see WR as a real possibility now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×