Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pamo9

Cohen visited Prague after all

Recommended Posts

Rolltide   
17 minutes ago, ctm said:

Take a look at the historic evidence.  Does the market perform better under democrats or republicans?  There's a reason it performs better under democrats.  Concentrating more and more money at the top of the income scale isn't a good macro-economic strategy.  The average guy still has to be able to buy the car that Henry Ford produced for the economy to work.

 

Republicans are once again on a trend line to screw up the economy with more money at the top and much greater long term debt for the country.  Democrats will eventually have to come up and clean up the republican mess, just like Obama did in 2009.

 

A democrat will not be president if Trump is impeached. 

 

 

Edited by Rolltide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   
6 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

 

Dumb shit a democrat will not be president if Trump is impeached. 

 

 

Never said that.  That's why I said.....eventually.

 

Here's what republicans in charge are giving us.  And for those who want to revise history, the evidence is clear.  Obama inherited a massive recession and a huge budget deficit.  His administration improved on both fronts.

 

image.png.b205d883797e34a2353408d48cb590ba.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolltide   

The national debt grew $5T under Obama. Your graph shows a higher deficit under Obama in 4 of the years he was president than what we have now. 

 

I'll never vote for an anti business anti fossil fuel candidate. 

Edited by Rolltide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   
2 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

The national debt grew $5T under Obama. 

 

I'll never vote for an anti business anti fossil fuel candidate. 

The annual budget deficit improved under Obama.  Just showed that.

 

Coal is the real fossil fuel problem.  It's on a long term trend line to go the way of the typewriter.  The country needs to move on to solar as quickly as possible.  It's a no-brainer unless you are a republican politician take campaign contributions from the fossil fuel lobbyists.

 

How were your mutual fund returns under an anti-business democrat?  How did you do under a pro-business Bush and republican congress?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolltide   
Just now, ctm said:

The annual budget deficit improved under Obama.  Just showed that.

 

Coal is the real fossil fuel problem.  It's on a long term trend line to go the way of the typewriter.  The country needs to move on to solar as quickly as possible.  It's a no-brainer unless you are a republican politician take campaign contributions from the fossil fuel lobbyists.

 

How were your mutual fund returns under an anti-business democrat?  How did you do under a pro-business Bush and republican congress?

 

 

Apparently you do not read well. I have said that Bush presidency was a failure. Many many times! 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Apparently you do not read well. I have said that Bush presidency was a failure. Many many times! 

And yet Dubya was your perfect pro-business, pro-fossil fuels, tax cutting president... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   
32 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

And yet Dubya was your perfect pro-business, pro-fossil fuels, tax cutting president... 

....who also had a republican pro-business, pro-fossil fuels, tax cutting congress for much of his 8 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolltide   
57 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

And yet Dubya was your perfect pro-business, pro-fossil fuels, tax cutting president... 

Also incompetent, evangelical and pro war. He also bought into the libtard idea that every brown skinned person needed to own a home no matter how unqualified they might be. 

 

A perfect president is not pro anything. Capitalism is not pro anything. Pro business is the lessor evil but ideally we would have a libertarian capitalist as president. 

 

As far as Obama's economic policies he had no real plan or clue other than wealth redistribution. Why would he since he never had a real job in his life? His policies really did not work because over 3 years after his stimulus we still had recessionary unemployment rates. The unemployment rate was over 8% even after 4 years in office! In Jan 2013 unemployment was 8.0% and that was years after TARP and the stimulus.  

 

Pretending today's economy was part of some grand libtard plan is a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   

  When Obama left office in Jan. 2017, the unemployment rate was 4.8% and the rate was declining.  When he took office, the economy was in a massive recession and the economy was losing about 700K jobs per month.

 

As I said above, he inherited two problems from Bush and the republicans.....a recession with a -8% GDP rate and a massive deficit.  Normally the government would deficit spend during a recession to stimulate the economy.  The Obama administration improved on both counts....the rate of economic growth and the annual budget deficit.

 

Under ideal conditions, the government would run a budget surplus during periods of economic growth and deficit spend (use the surplus created) when the economy goes into recession.  However, republicans have blown a big hole in the budget during periods of economic growth....twice recently. They blew up the deficit under Bush (who inherited a surplus from Clinton) and now they are increasing the deficit once again while the economy is growing under Trump and a republican congress.  Under both circumstances republicans controlled the congress and the white house.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Sure, it took Starr that long to actually find something that he could take to Republicans to impeach Clinton on. Starr never found anything they could hang on Clinton over Whitewater, only on having an affair and lying about it.

 

The Russia investigation has already been way more successful based on the guilty pleas and charges we have already seen. We just don’t know yet how much more they will dig up... or everything they already have now.

Stupid.   Whitewater brought 15 convictions, including the governor of Arkansas.   So far they have nothing on Trump or anyone as high as Jim Guy Tucker, despite what you desperately hope for.  

 

But congratulations, this time the Dems will have a couple low life convictions, as opposed to the fraud of an investigation on Valerie Plame.  It was bs that Scooter Libby was convicted, and Trump just pardoned him for good reason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   
28 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Stupid.   Whitewater brought 15 convictions, including the governor of Arkansas.   So far they have nothing on Trump or anyone as high as Jim Guy Tucker, despite what you desperately hope for.  

 

But congratulations, this time the Dems will have a couple low life convictions, as opposed to the fraud of an investigation on Valerie Plame.  It was bs that Scooter Libby was convicted, and Trump just pardoned him for good reason.  

Where is the former national security advisor these days?

 

image.png.03d8810f184ff35bb462c1a321df3cf0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Stupid.   Whitewater brought 15 convictions, including the governor of Arkansas.   So far they have nothing on Trump or anyone as high as Jim Guy Tucker, despite what you desperately hope for.  

 

But congratulations, this time the Dems will have a couple low life convictions, as opposed to the fraud of an investigation on Valerie Plame.  It was bs that Scooter Libby was convicted, and Trump just pardoned him for good reason.  

Whitewater brought plenty of convictions. And yet Starr said he couldn’t find anything on the Clintons other than the Lewinsky affair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
4 hours ago, Rolltide said:

 

Pence is far more dangerous to civil liberties and the stability of the world than Trump. Especially true now that Trump has been in office a while and has yet to send troops somewhere. We can cross our fingers on that one. 

And yet we'd still prefer him to Trump. It's not about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Whitewater brought plenty of convictions. And yet Starr said he couldn’t find anything on the Clintons other than the Lewinsky affair. 

Not correct.  Star said he had insufficient evidence to prosecute a sitting president and first lady.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Also incompetent, evangelical and pro war.

You just described Trump other than being evangelical. And Trump's administration has been just as pro-evangelical as Dubya's ever was. More, actually, based on what Obama-era rules they have removed.

 

 

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

He also bought into the libtard idea that every brown skinned person needed to own a home no matter how unqualified they might be. 

In other words he was on the side of subprime lenders being able to make unsafe loans...

 

Oh... and only you would claim only “brown skinned” people being borrowers was a problem...

 

 

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

A perfect president is not pro anything.

No competent human is not pro anything...

 

 

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Capitalism is not pro anything.

Capitalism is pro-profit.

 

 

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

As far as Obama's economic policies he had no real plan or clue other than wealth redistribution.

the wealth continued to be redistributed to the wealthy under Obama...

 

 

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Why would he since he never had a real job in his life?

Being a lawyer isn’t a real job?

 

 

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

His policies really did not work because over 3 years after his stimulus we still had recessionary unemployment rates. The unemployment rate was over 8% even after 4 years in office! In Jan 2013 unemployment was 8.0% and that was years after TARP and the stimulus.  

 

Pretending today's economy was part of some grand libtard plan is a joke. 

The economy, by every possible measure, improved under 8 years of Obama. Isn’t that the description of your ideal president?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×