Matt LaFleur emphasis on speed

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO,  they're not so much worried about getting players who run fast...they want players who play fast.  Big difference.

Well, Henry for one made it out of the 1st rd lol.    But just so you know, I'm a huge Henry fan. Huge. My posts last year made that clear, I thought it was a joke that he wasn't starting. I

My point is everyone saying he doesn’t fit the offense is just speculating. We don’t exactly know what offense LaFleur is going to run. Obviously he will take bits and pieces from different offenses f

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Lots of teams have 3 viable backs on their roster. Injuries tend to happen to RB. If we draft a back in round 3 or later it says a lot more about their confidence in the depth behind Henry and Lewis than it does anything else.

In this day and age you have to be loaded at RB and WR. Otherwise one injury can derail everything by leaving a weakness at a spot on the field. You know the top 2 RB are gonna be used so the 3rd one has to be quality if one goes down. Same for the 3rd/4th WRs, you really need 4 starting quality WR. You're limiting your offensive attack otherwise. It would be like an MMA fighter with a hand or leg tied up/injured/weak.

No weaknesses on the field spreads defenses out and keeps them from keying on 1-2 players or one aspect of the offense (run game).