Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Potential 1st round playoff matchups playing tonight

So there are three matchups tonight that could potentially be the matchups for the 1st round.

1. Portland vs Utah - Even though they both sit at 3 and 4, I believe this could be a potential matchup if I remember the grid I saw correctly. Either way, Utah either gets home court advantage in the first or they don't. A win is big for them. At stake for POR is either playing NO/SA/Utah with a win, or most likely OKC with a loss. They would have HC for either matchup. I would prefer any of the other three over OKC if I was them. So both teams should want the W tonight.

2. Miami vs Toronto - This is a 1st round matchup if TOR wins and Washington beats ORL which Im sure is safe to say will happen. TOR isn't playing for anything and could very easily throw this game away so who knows. MIA should want to win and also hope for a MIL W if they do so they stay matched up with BOS. If they lose, they need WSH to lose to stay at 7.

3. Milwaukee vs Philadelphia - This would easily be my 1st round matchup to watch unless GSW and OKC get matched up in the first round. I do think MINN vs HOU would be fun to watch as well and will be my 2nd or 3rd series to watch.

I also find this game tonight to be the most meanigful and will probably be the best overall/competitive game other than MINN and DEN. Both of which need a W in that game more than any other team.

MIL is in a shit hole of a pickle. If they win tonight, they probably face CLE in round one. If they lose, they could end up playing BOS which looks to be the easiest opponent atm. But they could also end up falling to 8th and play TOR in round one with a loss and WSH and MIA wins.

And PHI should most definitley want to win to stay at 3.

4. Denver vs Minnesota -  A game that will not be a 1st round matchup, but will most definitely have that playoff feel to it. Minnesota and the Target Center will be rocking and it will be difficult for DEN to come away with a win in a playoff atmosphere on the road. Either way, either team will have a lot of confidence headed into their first round matchup with HOU.

Playoffs start early boys. Hope yall are as excited as I am.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Either way, either team will have a lot of confidence headed into their first round matchup with HOU.

Even if Denver had won they would have played Golden State as the 7th seed and San Antonio would have played Houston as the 8th seed.

Given the experience the Spurs possess having made the playoffs for the last 20 years, I think the Rockets are better off playing Minnesota.

I'd like to believe The Bucks threw that game but I know they didn't since Giannis and Middleton got an unnecessary amount of PT before the game got completely outta hand 10 minutes in.

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

I'd like to believe The Bucks threw that game but I know they didn't since Giannis and Middleton got an unnecessary amount of PT before the game got completely outta hand 10 minutes in.

16 in a row for the Sixers.   Things have changed completely since the last time these two teams played.   Fultz, Belinelli and Llyasova have come on and solidified their bench.  They have gelled as a team, even without Embiid for the last 8 games.   

Bink   
1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

16 in a row for the Sixers.   Things have changed completely since the last time these two teams played.   Fultz, Belinelli and Llyasova have come on and solidified their bench.  They have gelled as a team, even without Embiid for the last 8 games.   

Sixers are really good and have a great path to the finals. A winnable first-round matchup, followed by either a banged up Boston or a Bucks team with a transcendent star that hasn't really learned to win yet. Damn I wish they had Embiid. 

50 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The two games I am going to are next Friday late at night and Sunday afternoon.

Both 7th seeds this year have a legitimate shot at a first-round upset, especially the Bucks with Kyrie out.

The Warriors appear far more vulnerable than anyone expected, and they will miss Curry even more than Boston misses Irving.

2 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

they will miss Curry even more than Boston misses Irving.

Disagree with that completely.

The scary thing about these teams though is their experience, there's a good shot that neither of them get upset either.

Boston has gotten along just fine without Kyrie, while the Warriors look awful without Curry.

Golden State's point-differential with Curry is close to 10 points higher than without him, he will be missed far more than people think.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this