Who is your guy at 25?

kyle021

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the 25th pick, the Titans select Stan, titansreport message board. 

My overall thought, you can't force an edge rusher at 25. A really good pass rusher won't last until 25, you'll end up with Kenny Holmes or Henry Ford if you reach. I'd guess an edge rusher can be had

Just check the film gimme a chance 

Posted Images

The players from 25 to 40 are pretty darn close so if no trade down is available I would take the edge with the most upside which is Sweat. He has a lot to learn as a stand up rusher which is fine playing behind Rak and Morgan. You just don't find that kind of length and and explosion this late so take the guy and develop him.

Just now, Jonboy said:

Been reading how this is a pretty weak draft overall. Players in the late 1st round may have been 3rd rounders last year. For that reason, I'm finding it hard to get too excited about the draft this year. Gonna be difficult to really find an impact player where we're picking.

Yeah its a bad draft. Great RBs though decent secondary.

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Been reading how this is a pretty weak draft overall. Players in the late 1st round may have been 3rd rounders last year. For that reason, I'm finding it hard to get too excited about the draft this year. Gonna be difficult to really find an impact player where we're picking.

I doubt anyone we draft this year will start outside of possibly an ILB. 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yeah its a bad draft. Great RBs though decent secondary.

Yeah I'm interested to see if we draft an RB at all considering we have Lewis/Henry. It's possible there will be a few times throughout this draft where an RB is the BPA.

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yeah I'm interested to see if we draft an RB at all considering we have Lewis/Henry. It's possible there will be a few times throughout this draft where an RB is the BPA.

I'm fully expecting a RB in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round. 

Just now, Soxcat said:

Might be the safest bet although I could see Reid and we have a high need at SS.

Cyprien is going to be the starter at SS. 

I can see a safety in the 2nd to develop to take over the spot in the future and be a swing backup in the meantime. 

1 minute ago, Huston said:

Doubt they would trade 25 for a pick next year and doubt you could get a first.

Probably true. But even if we could get a couple of second round picks I wouldn't be against it.

37 minutes ago, Huston said:

The players from 25 to 40 are pretty darn close so if no trade down is available I would take the edge with the most upside which is Sweat. He has a lot to learn as a stand up rusher which is fine playing behind Rak and Morgan. You just don't find that kind of length and and explosion this late so take the guy and develop him.

I want to like Sweat so bad because the FO seems to like him and also because his measurables are elite but when I watch him, I just don't see a dangerous pass rusher. I see a guy whose smart and a good run defender but isn't going to dominate OT's with hand usage,bend, moves/counter-moves etc. His athleticism shows up much more when he's defending the run than when he's rushing the passer.

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I want to like Sweat so bad because the FO seems to like him and also because his measurables are elite but when I watch him, I just don't see a dangerous pass rusher. I see a guy whose smart and a good run defender but isn't going to dominate OT's with hand usage,bend, moves/counter-moves etc. His athleticism shows up much more when he's defending the run than when he's rushing the passer.

Its the way he was used, they had the guy play tackle on some downs so you have to dig a little deeper then watching few videos. And add in that FSU didn't redshirt him after nearly losing his leg, they guy is finally healthy and not wearing a brace for the first time.