Sign in to follow this  
TitansFan23

1980’s Music

I turned 5 in 1980, and had two older sisters that rocked the old “hair spray” bands. So, I like the music, because I grew up with it. I’m 42 now and watching the old videos has me a bit confused.

Is he wearing panties? And why did the men dress like women?  Seriously! A lot of the 80’s bands look more like women than women do today. I know they got laid, but... wtf... lol...

DefInitely a time of flamboyance with the hair bands. Gender role reversal was not in the forefront as it is today, so this was a glamorous way to look moreso than trying to look like a female. Also a way to be rebellious. 

Society had not yet taken on the cynical attitude  seen today. Everything  was just about who can have the most fun and be the life of the party.

A lot of the problems of society were not at the forefront or we’re swept under the rug, so it was a lot easier to have a positive attitude and just have fun. 

patsplat   

The g-strings aren't for dudes, it's for their girlfriends.

Wear girls clothes if you wanna attract girls.

Wear dudes clothes if you wanna attract dudes.

I didn't realize this at 16, figured it out later.

TitanJoe   
4 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

Idk man, I think we might be living in that currently.

Music today is worse than finding out your Grandpa has ahole cancer.

Somedude   

The 60s,70's, 80s, and 90s are great decades for music. We currently live in the worst decade for music. It's all so damn manufactured. And somehow the worst music genre ever Country music basically turned from lost my wife lost my pickup into pop music I'm a country boy I have a rock hard cock for how great America is crapola.

rns90   
On 4/6/2018 at 4:41 PM, Somedude said:

The 60s,70's, 80s, and 90s are great decades for music. We currently live in the worst decade for music. It's all so damn manufactured. And somehow the worst music genre ever Country music basically turned from lost my wife lost my pickup into pop music I'm a country boy I have a rock hard cock for how great America is crapola.

I LOATHE country music.

Glam and hair metal weren't the only styles of music to come from the 80s. U2 (long before it became cool to hate them), Metallica, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Huey Lewis, Michael Jackson, Prince, The Police, INXS, Simple Minds, etc were all responsible for good music. Some of it great or even iconic.

There's good music still being put out. It's just harder to find because it gets lost in a sea of mediocrity.

TitanJoe   
16 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Glam and hair metal weren't the only styles of music to come from the 80s. U2 (long before it became cool to hate them), Metallica, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Huey Lewis, Michael Jackson, Prince, The Police, INXS, Simple Minds, etc were all responsible for good music. Some of it great or even iconic.

There's good music still being put out. It's just harder to find because it gets lost in a sea of mediocrity.

Hey man, it’s hip to be square.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:42 AM, TampaTitan said:

Idk man, I think we might be living in that currently.

Of course there has been some music written in the last 25 years or so that's worth listening to, but most of what's called music today isn't even music.

There's all this fake crap the kids today listen to for a couple of weeks then forget about completely once the next popular piece of shit comes out.

It's easy to make fun of  70's and 80's culture now in retrospect, sure there was a lot of goofy stuff to laugh at. But at least the music was real.