Rob Gronkowski could possibly be traded?

lilkhmerkid4u

The Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard passes along word from a "Bill Belichick-friendly source" that the longer Rob Gronkowski goes without committing to the team, the chances of the Patriots trading him increase.

This is pure speculation, but it isn't the first time we've seen it, as MMQB's Albert Breer hinted at it as well in a piece on Thursday. Both Breer and Bedard are ex-Patriots beat writers with plenty of connections to the team. Gronkowski has yet to inform the Patriots of his 2018 plans, and some think Belichick could use that as fuel to trade the star tight end, who may be tiring of playing at a massive discount in New England. Bedard mentions the 49ers and Rams as suitors should Gronkowski become available. 29-year-old (in May) Gronk is the fourth-highest-paid tight end at $9 million per year and has two years left on his deal.

Related: Rams, 49ers

Source: Boston Sports Journal

Mar 30 - 11:31 AM

636059277206351511-Titans-camp-0805-010.

Just waiting for the "Rams are interested in trading for Gronkowski after landing OBJ in a blockbuster trade"

1 hour ago, japan said:

Why would anyone want him after he’s said he’s contemplating retirement. Next concussion would be it. 

He’s making $9m per year.  He likely won’t make that in his entire lifespan after he retires.  He’s not retiring any time soon.

6 hours ago, Adams said:

He’s making $9m per year.  He likely won’t make that in his entire lifespan after he retires.  He’s not retiring any time soon.

Gronk would easily make more than $9m after he quits football. He pulls around $6mil a year in endorsements. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Few things:

1)are the Rams just assumed the favorites to get everybody now?

2)As dominant as he is I wouldn't trade for him. Just a bad feeling that he wouldn't produce anywhere near like he has & he wouldn't be thrilled playing for a mere mortal team, and we'd hear more & more about wrestling

3)why does everybody seem so miserable in NE? Things just seem different there, for the first time it almost sounds like players are wearing down from Belichick. I get the impression that the players really thought Butler got fucked in the Bowl, and I'm not even saying thus because he's on our team now

1 hour ago, Face said:

I get the impression that the players really thought Butler got fucked in the Bowl

Only a coach of BB's resume could have gotten away with what he did to Butler. It's more than possible it cost them the game. He didn't even play in the nickel and dime defenses. I don't care what he did or how he practiced, he was better than the 4th and 5th CB on the Pats roster. 

2 hours ago, Face said:

Few things:

1)are the Rams just assumed the favorites to get everybody now?

2)As dominant as he is I wouldn't trade for him. Just a bad feeling that he wouldn't produce anywhere near like he has & he wouldn't be thrilled playing for a mere mortal team, and we'd hear more & more about wrestling

3)why does everybody seem so miserable in NE? Things just seem different there, for the first time it almost sounds like players are wearing down from Belichick. I get the impression that the players really thought Butler got fucked in the Bowl, and I'm not even saying thus because he's on our team now

The Rams are never going to win a Super Bowl with a guy who didn’t know the sun sets in the West.