• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope we draft mainly defense.

We got a Su after all.  Sorta.

WTF are we doing? This is the best draft in ages for interior OL, if we want one. Spain is a good guard so I'm not sure we need one but I get it if we think a Will Hernandez is too good to pass up. By why the fuck are we signing terrible guards to replace a solid one? These guys aren't close to Spain.

This reminds me when we replaced Fernando Velasco, coming off a great 2012, with Rob Turner. Turner was utterly massacred & the Steelers picked Velasco off waivers to replace an injured Pouncey & they didn't miss a beat.

Just now, code said:

Bongo took me to task for saying Texans had fixed their o-line. Now we sign one of their cast offs. I mean, future All Pros now that he is in the right scheme.

Makes no sense.

Just now, Face said:

WTF are we doing? This is the best draft in ages for interior OL, if we want one. Spain is a good guard so I'm not sure we need one but I get it if we think a Will Hernandez is too good to pass up. By why the fuck are we signing terrible guards to replace a solid one? These guys aren't close to Spain.

This reminds me when we replaced Fernando Velasco, coming off a great 2012, with Rob Turner. Turner was utterly massacred & the Steelers picked Velasco off waivers to replace an injured Pouncey & they didn't miss a beat.

I think its just a move to push Spain really not really to replace him

Just now, Face said:

By why the fuck are we signing terrible guards to replace a solid one? These guys aren't close to Spain.

They think it's a "plug and play" position where the ZBS can hide limitations.

1 minute ago, Face said:

Spain is still on the team. All he has to do is beat these guys out. 

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Hes just a camp tryout really when it comes down to it

Exactly. We haven't seen the contract, but it's probably one we can easily get out of. Just another guy to compete in camp.

4 minutes ago, Face said:

I'll be surprised if we draft an OL high now. 

You couple these moves with JRob's comments about the interior OL depth in the draft, and the picture seems clear. 

The most likely scenario right now is that we draft defense in the first two rounds and then a RB. Sprinkle one C/G and a WR in and the rest defense. 

Edited by tgo