Random worries (thoughts are too kind)

code

Good on Robinson for getting an impact defended in Butler. Not a position of particular need, but one of the better talents available.

If that is the path we are taking, go get Suh. He's a certifiable nut job, but comparing his production to a good Daquan Jones is absurd.

Pairing him with Casey and the Titans can be elite up front and on the back end.

Which still leaves both an immediate hole at ILB, and one year away challenges at OLB.  I still think we need two new players at that spot.

My real concerns are on offense.

I like Henry. But I would like him a whole lot more if paired with Sonny Michel. Dion Lewis at the right price, sure. But if not, Michel would make Henry significantly more effective.

I like the potential of Davis, Taylor maybe Sharpe. Mathews is still a solid asset. But that group still needs someone to take the top off of the defense (if MM can throw a deep ball, still not sure about that one).

The real challenge is up front.  Lewan is now a $14 million man and damn well worth it. Injury on the other side is problematic because Kelly can't be a starter even for a few games. Kline aint great, but he is likely gone. Lots of Guards available in the draft ... but again ... OL is hard to make work with 2 or 3 new starters (both Guards and RT if Conklin can't make it back for the start of season).

And of course, while upgrading from Cassel shouldn't be difficult, we haven't done that as of yet.

Chicken Little got his little boy pants on ... I'm off to the gym to try to find whatever testosterone is left in me.

Kelly can start for a stretch, which is why he was signed to a 3 year semi lucrative deal for a backup. 

There aren’t 64 starting caliber tackles in the league, so people can forget having some great backup tackle. That’s extraordinarily rare. 

We don't need Suh. He is 31, and his play has been gradually declining for the last 3 or so years. He isn't the force he once was. Would rather go for Poe, Wilkerson, Branch, Ealy, or McCullers.

Archived