Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

2018 NFL Draft: Titans Prospect Visits/Interest/Workouts Thread

Face   
7 hours ago, headhunter said:

The Cincinnati guy that has predicted every Bengals first round pick the last 10 years correct said that he think they are gonna take Frank Ragnow at 21.

Makes sense, their center was atrocious last year. I remember him getting killed. I think Ragnow is gonna be awesome.

tgo   
On 4/23/2018 at 10:44 PM, Face said:

There was an article I read awhile back about how much weight the Seahawks put into combine numbers, more specifically the explosive drills like you mentioned.  With their defense I'd say it's something to pay attention to but their drafts have been sortve busts lately.

Bur Sweat is interesting for sure.

Well now their recent draft failures make more sense in that context. 

Face   
2 hours ago, tgo said:

Well now their recent draft failures make more sense in that context. 

The Seahawks remind me of the 90's Cowboys, where they seemed to draft on a whole other level then the rest of the league, and then put together 3-4 straight clunkers. Just  confirming that there's a good amount of luck in drafting well.

Theres a few principles though that I believe in. For one I think Robinson's approach, drafting very hard working, self motivated kids tbat really, truly love football & are good enough athletes, meeting a certain minimum threshold, is a great approach over the long haul. You may not have those awesome individual drafts but over a few years you'll wind up with a bunch of good, winning players.

But I also think workouts are more important then I used to, especially  for defensive front 7 players. Almost every great, really great, player is a freakish athlete & had insane combine numbers. The best defensive players now are a great example. Watt before the injuries was possibly the best defensive player ever, then you have Donald, Khalil Mack, & Von Miller, probably the 4 best pass rushers of the last decade. All insane combines. Guys like LT, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Derrick Thomas, I'm not sure what their combines were but they were all time freakish athletes. Most of the best corners, Deion, Champ Bailey, Darrell Greene, Charles & Rod Woodson, all world athletes. On the OL to, guys like Ogden, Orlando Pace, Larry Allen, the real all time guys, all otherworldly athletes. So I think sometimes you take a risk on one of these legendary combine guys, unless of course they're bad kids, have addiction problems, etc. This is why I'm coming around on Sweat for example. He is a rare, rare athlete. I'm also surprised Vita Vea isn't being mocked higher, his movement skills are amazing for a 350 pounder. He's probably the closest thing this draft has to a real freak.

Edited by Face

tgo   

Best Titans mock I’ve seen in recent memory. 

Not hecause of Hubbard, but it just makes sense. It includes players we like and other guys who really fit the mold of JRob picks. 

I’m becoming more and more convinced we’re trading down. Probably for lesser than what the market would usually dictate. I think JRob has his sights set on 2 or 3 guys (probably Hubbard, Sweat, and whoever else) and knows he can get one a little bit further back.

Edited by TeamRamrod27

Jonboy   
57 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

I’m becoming more and more convinced we’re trading down. Probably for lesser than what the market would usually dictate. I think JRob has his sights set on 2 or 3 guys (probably Hubbard, Sweat, and whoever else) and knows he can get one a little bit further back.

Completely agree.

Soxcat   
2 hours ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

If JRob doesn't have a big preference between Hubbard, Sweat and maybe toss in a guy like Reid or someone else it makes perfect sense.  Problem is getting a good trade partner and who JRob prefers if he can't trade down. 

Face   
3 hours ago, tgo said:

Best Titans mock I’ve seen in recent memory. 

Not hecause of Hubbard, but it just makes sense. It includes players we like and other guys who really fit the mold of JRob picks. 

I hate the Hubbard pick but I agree,  this mock draft was obviously very well thought out. He nailed the positions we're looking at & the players we've shown interest in. 

Wolfe is excellent BTW. He obviously knows the game & really studies the team. He's written some pieces about some very specific things that shows he really does his homework.

Face   
3 hours ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

I think he wants to but @ctmhad a good point, you need somebody who wants to trade up & it doesn't look like there will be anything to trade up for, unless a QB drops.

Maybe the Giants trade up for a tackle?

30 minutes ago, Face said:

I think he wants to but @ctmhad a good point, you need somebody who wants to trade up & it doesn't look like there will be anything to trade up for, unless a QB drops.

Maybe the Giants trade up for a tackle?

Those OTs man. Bad ones are going to go in the first round. I think people are going to be surprised when Kolton Miller and Brian O’Neil go.