Rapoport reports JRob looking to acquire/trade for explosive playmaker

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

on NFLN Total Access, Rapoport just took his earlier report about our interest in Jarvis Landry and ran even further with it, and specifically mentioned that JRob is looking to add an explosive playma

I'd much rather have a pass catching RB like Sproles or Kamara than a WR......

Most on this board root against signing FA's. I've never seen a fan base so obsessed with the salary cap in my life.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I wonder if explosive playmaker has to be a WR, could it be a pass catching RB.

When i think of explosive playmaker its a guy with speed and the abitilty to run with the ball.

But i say its both honestly. Henry i think can excell catching passes but he has to build up his speed.

6 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson make the most sense to me. I don't see it with Landry. John Brown and Paul Richardson are too injury prone.

Paul Richardson missed the 2015 season with injury but played 15,15,16 games in his other 3 seasons, he has been active in 31 of his last 32 games.

he fits that explosive downfield target that wouldn't break the bank.

The Vikings could've made McKinnon lead back, but chose to make him 3rd string trading up for Dalvin Cook and signing Latavius Murray in FA instead. He's overestimating his worth if he thinks he's a lead back. The guy hasn't even cracked 4 YPC the past two seasons. 

1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

The Vikings could've made McKinnon lead back, but chose to make him 3rd string trading up for Dalvin Cook and signing Latavius Murray in FA instead. He's overestimating his worth if he thinks he's a lead back. The guy hasn't even cracked 4 YPC the past two seasons. 

McKinnon is about to come on Total Access, i'm sure he will continue to voice his desire to be a starting RB.

8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Paul Richardson missed the 2015 season with injury but played 15,15,16 games in his other 3 seasons, he has been active in 31 of his last 32 games.

he fits that explosive downfield target that wouldn't break the bank.

I’m not quite sure breaking the bank is an issue. 

Edited by tgo

Wyatt also alluded about a week ago that we could be looking to add a WR fwiw

This news doesn't shock me. Despite the defensive issues, the offensive issues were way worse. JR is putting it all on the line on MM development. Ultimately, you go as far as the QB goes. I didn't think LaFleur would be the only move. I think it makes more sense to try to address this in FA. We already added enough young players on offense last year. Add something in FA instead to try to upgrade the offense.

More than likely it comes via trade, no? Not a lot of FA WRs who are "explosive playmakers" are likely to be available. Landry and Demaryius Thomas make sense. Cobb or Nelson could be traded from the Packers too. It would be nice if they could pry Lockett away from the Seahawks.

Also, with Lockett - he could become a PR/KR as well. So fits under the "playmaker" tag. Might be a good back up, or way to reduce Adoree's snaps.

Edited by Cyrus