How come evangelicals NEVER get it right?

Number9

WWJD

"Suffer the little children to come unto me."  Jesus never lifted a finger to harm others.  He even admonished one of his disciples for slicing off the ear of a soldier who came to arrest him.  But somehow, the right to life people are not out front demanding the right to life for America's school children.

Just how low are evangelicals?  What debasement of humanity is too low for accepting right winged agendas?  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You nailed it.  Evannies try to interject their ideas into politics and sway their followers into supporting politicians for their own financial gain.  They had black people voting for politicians who

My observation:   Too many try to use religion and faith to support their political or cultural beliefs. They don't always mix and when they try to do it anyways, they end up looking hypocri

If they go to heaven, then all abortionists are sending more people to heaven than would otherwise go, since half or most of those kids would grow up to reject your religion and go to hell where they

Just how narrow-minded and low, are those who believe there's only one way to preserve the lives of America's school children?

Why is their focus so narrow, their idea of/for a remedy so singular?

And why do they continue to demonize those who think differently, or are more open-minded about possible solutions?

7 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Just how narrow-minded and low, are those that believe a small number of children getting killed by deranged individuals is more important than stopping the slaughter of millions of innocent unborn kids?

Where do aborted fetuses go, heaven or hell? 

2 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

Where do aborted fetuses go, heaven or hell? 

Can't answer that, the Bible doesn't say for aborted or natural death of any fetus or baby.    That is a theological discussion with different viewpoints, with most people believing they either all go to heaven, or they don't know.     

26 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Can't answer that, the Bible doesn't say for aborted or natural death of any fetus or baby.    That is a theological discussion with different viewpoints, with most people believing they either all go to heaven, or they don't know.     

If they go to heaven, then all abortionists are sending more people to heaven than would otherwise go, since half or most of those kids would grow up to reject your religion and go to hell where they would suffer endlessly forever. Abortion is just a guaranteed trip to heaven. 

If they go to hell, then, well your God is a monster. Which, he is anyway as long as he sends people to burn in hellfire for eternity for holding different religious opinions and committing finite sins.

Most evangelicals believe in a literal, fiery, eternal hell and therefore believe in an unfathomably hateful God who set up a house of cards whereby more eternal suffering exists in the universe than joy. 

This is why the majority of Evangelical's opinions on any moral subject is garbage. They act high and mighty yet turn around and worship an unfathomable monster and make excuses for him, as you undoubtedly will. I'll hear nothing on abortion and it's horrors from the dipshits who believe that their God of "love" will send non Christians to an eternal fiery torment. 

Edited by 'Nator

36 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Yep, the non-evangelicals have no problem pulling a baby piece by piece from a mothers womb.  I guess in their mind they are preventing them form being shot by an NRA member.  :cj2k:

Nobody disagrees with wanting to protect our children.  We disagree on what is the right way to do it. 

A different place than you. 

Piece by piece? WTF do you know about abortion? Usually what happens is that a lady misses her first period, doesn't want to be pregnant, so she goes to the clinic and takes a pill. The EXTREMELY primitive biological tissue inside her is the size of a peppercorn on a pinky finger. It has no nerves, no eyes, is unidentifiable as a human and certainly has no awareness. 

That is the vast majority of abortions. 

What you generally see at protests or in the hit piece videos by that dipshit proven liar that set up the Planned Parenthood sting, is extreme late term abortions that are performed to save the life of the mother OR they just use pictures of late term miscarriages and LIE. The reality of the common abortion does not fit in with their narrative.

For these people, the ends justify the means so any old picture of any babies that looks gruesome will do.  

Even though most abortions are as I described, not all of them are. Late term abortions of convenience that I would like to see eradicated exist, but the pro life groups are such idiot liars they paint all abortions with the same brush which undermines any actual sympathy they could possibly garner for the type of abortions I and many others would find highly objectionable. 

Edited by 'Nator

11 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

This is why the majority of Evangelical's opinions on any moral subject is garbage. They act high and mighty yet turn around and worship an unfathomable monster and make excuses for him, as you undoubtedly will.

It's sad.  This is a bunch who just can't say the right thing.  Yeah, according to what I claim to believe "that's wrong as hell"

But why never?  On anything?  School lunch?  Jesus fed the people.  Healthcare?  Jesus healed the people.  

School shootings?  WWJD  I know, arm the school teachers.  

And what so bad, they will fly in here and try to defend this bs.

smh.

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I think they go to heaven.  But that still doesn't solve the sin problem for those who participate and have abortions.  Using your logic it would be ok to murder all born again Christians (you probably wouldn't mind you are so hateful) since they are going to heaven anyway.  Personally I've dismissed my belief in a eternal fiery torment and have taken the belief in what Jesus said; the non-believers perish (the Greek word literally means to destroy fully).  "Whoever believes in me shall not perish but have eternal life" is the quote. 

Either way these are arguments that could go on forever which is exactly why you brought it up.  Your motivation is to create division and hatred.  It is unacceptable.  It also doesn't prove in anyway you have any moral standing to even participate in this discussion. 

How am I the hateful one when I am a universalist? The God of love eventually brings everyone to him. The Greek translation for the word for "eons" means "limited in time". Tell me again how hateful I am Mr. "God will kill you permanently if you don't believe in the right stuff." 

I think everyone gets their just due punishment. That is JUSTICE. Eternal torment is NOT justice. It's just retarded to say it is. Neither is annihilationism. Also, retarded to say it's just to permanently destroy someone for finite sins and their theological Earthly opinions. The Tentmakers is a good source for this. Universalism goes back to the church fathers and beyond. 

17 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's sad.  This is a bunch who just can't say the right thing.  Yeah, according to what I claim to believe "that's wrong as hell"

But why never?  On anything?  School lunch?  Jesus fed the people.  Healthcare?  Jesus healed the people.  

School shootings?  WWJD  I know, arm the school teachers.  

And what so bad, they will fly in here and try to defend this bs.

smh.

WWJD   He told everybody to sin no more (which he didn't), you know things like murder of the born and unborn, sex outside of marriage, and every other sin you can think of.    WWJD  Stay out of government affairs.     WWJD  Tells others to buy a gun (sword) if they didn't have one.

23 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

First of all a late term abortion procedure kills the baby and the woman is induced to labor to have the still born child.

Secondly, mid term abortion require the baby to be dismembered to get it safely out of the womb.

Those are the main points I'm arguing here anyway.  Anytime liberals want to agree to never have another mid to late term abortion (which you agree are more rare) I could be on board with that compromise. 

We can (mostly) agree on this other than certain specific instances.

BTW, 89-92% of all abortions are 1st trimester. 

2 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

WWJD  Tells others to buy a gun (sword) if they didn't have one.

You don't know what was meant by this, in context, do you dingdong? 

What happens when Peter pulls out his sword and cuts off Malchus' ear? What does Jesus say? 

4 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

You don't know what was meant by this, in context, do you dingdong? 

What happens when Peter pulls out his sword and cuts off Malchus' ear? What does Jesus say? 

Jesus told Peter to put the sward away.  Why?   Because it was time for Jesus to be put to death, as was his purpose on coming.    He didn't want them fighting or trying to stop what was to come.

And yes I do know why he said to sell a cloak to buy a sword.  He knew what was to come, persecution of Christians, and wanted them to be prepared for need of protection.

1 hour ago, 'Nator said:

If they go to heaven, then all abortionists are sending more people to heaven than would otherwise go, since half or most of those kids would grow up to reject your religion and go to hell where they would suffer endlessly forever. Abortion is just a guaranteed trip to heaven. 

If they go to hell, then, well your God is a monster. Which, he is anyway as long as he sends people to burn in hellfire for eternity for holding different religious opinions and committing finite sins.

Most evangelicals believe in a literal, fiery, eternal hell and therefore believe in an unfathomably hateful God who set up a house of cards whereby more eternal suffering exists in the universe than joy. 

This is why the majority of Evangelical's opinions on any moral subject is garbage. They act high and mighty yet turn around and worship an unfathomable monster and make excuses for him, as you undoubtedly will. I'll hear nothing on abortion and it's horrors from the dipshits who believe that their God of "love" will send non Christians to an eternal fiery torment. 

Non Christians don't want God in their life now, so why should God force himself upon them after they die?   I have no problem that he doesn't, and it certainly isn't because he is a hateful God.   He is a God of love and a Just God.

Just now, Little Earl said:

Jesus told Peter to put the sward away.  Why?   Because it was time for Jesus to be put to death, as was his purpose on coming.    He didn't want them fighting or trying to stop what was to come.

And yes I do know why he said to sell a cloak to buy a sword.  He knew what was to come, persecution of Christians, and wanted them to be prepared for need of protection.

No dummy. The sword bit was to fulfill prophecy. Isaiah 59-12. 

And when Peter uses his later he says "Put your sword in its place. Live by the sword, die by the sword." (paraphrasing)

but Lil Earl gets "JC SAY TUH CARRY UH GUN" out of all this. 

The Catholics were right not to let the common man read the fuggin Bible.