Marcus Peters on trade block?

kyle021

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same problem in college. It's not the scenery, it's him. Great player but no thanks.

So why would a team want to rid themselves of that much production? 

There is no way the Titans would even consider it

Posted Images

Peters is a top 5 corner in the league. I give up a 3rd for him in a heartbeat. He’s better than any 3rd round guy you’re gonna get and he’s still young. Him and Adoree on the outside with Ryan playing his comfortable nickel role and Byard at safety, could be a top 5 secondary in the league. It’s a passing league and you have to be prepared for it. Character issues or not, when it’s all said and done, it’s about winning. 

12 hours ago, Righteous said:

He has problems everywhere he goes.  Pass!!!!

I’m usually against problem players but this kid I gamble on. 

i don’t think his issues have been that bad. 

You have guys playing that choked their GF, punched a woman, raped a woman (multiple) and dudes who smoke a lot of weed. 

Would you sign LeVeon Bell to a 3 year 27 million dollar deal? My guess is yes (I would lolol he’s 25 and in the beginning of his prime - can you imagine Bell and MM?!)

anyway... Peters will always play in the NFL

has baggage for sure but it’s not violent

Edited by Kyle021

24 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I’m usually against problem players but this kid I gamble on. 

i don’t think his issues have been that bad. 

You have guys playing that choked their GF, punched a woman, raped a woman (multiple) and dudes who smoke a lot of weed. 

Would you sign LeVeon Bell to a 3 year 27 million dollar deal? My guess is yes (I would lolol he’s 25 and in the beginning of his prime - can you imagine Bell and MM?!)

anyway... Peters will always play in the NFL

has baggage for sure but it’s not violent

Peters was dismissed from Washington for continually getting into it with coaches and was suspended in KC for the very same thing.  He is a malcontent who thinks his talent makes him bigger than the team.  That part of him will show up no matter where he plays.  Now, I think it’s you who always stresses “JRob type” guys.  Does that sound like a “team first” type player?  So I am going to need you to pick one train of thought, of building a team and stick with it.  You are all over the place.  It’s simple, based on his history, give this guy money and you have another Albert Haynesworth.

9 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Peters was dismissed from Washington for continually getting into it with coaches and was suspended in KC for the very same thing.  He is a malcontent who thinks his talent makes him bigger than the team.  That part of him will show up no matter where he plays.  Now, I think it’s you who always stresses “JRob type” guys.  Does that sound like a “team first” type player?  So I am going to need you to pick one train of thought, of building a team and stick with it.  You are all over the place.  It’s simple, based on his history, give this guy money and you have another Albert Haynesworth.

Valid points

was hoping he would grow out of it

3 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

I would trade for Peters in a heart beat.  25 turnovers in his career and 55 pass deflected, 9 turnovers and 9 pass deflected in 2017.  He had more turnovers in 2017 then all our corners combined (7 ints/ff's).

6 minutes ago, Righteous said:

A question that often gets overlooked. When people go crazy for this FA or trading for this guy, why does the other team not want to keep them? Chiefs are thin at CB. He must be a serious problem. Moot point anyway, because I bet they want a 1st round pick back. And JR values character highly imo. He drafted Conklin over Tunsil, when a bunch of pundits thought Tunsil could go #1. No one had Conklin going #1.

14 minutes ago, Righteous said:

You see the Patriots take troubled players year in and year out and get great production from them.  Can't have a team full of choir boys. 

What troubled players are on the Pats right now?

They did take in Moss, AH, and Chad Ochocinco. Only Moss really produced, but they also only gave up a 4th round pick. I would imagine the Chiefs would want a 1st for Peters and I don't see us giving that.

44 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

You see the Patriots take troubled players year in and year out and get great production from them.  Can't have a team full of choir boys. 

If you trade for Peters, you will have to sign him to an extension.  Name me one troubled player that the Patriots have signed to a big contract?

40 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Actually it is the other way around.  If the Pats had a player like Peters they would trade him. 

Moss, Revis, Chad Ochocinco, Haynesworth, Corey Dillon (had multiple arguments with the Bengals before the trade), Rodney Harrison (arrived in NE after being the most fined player, labeled one of the most dirtiest players, and downside of his career in SD), L. Blount, etc.

Edited by Tomachek