Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Denali

If the Browns select a QB in this year's draft, should he opt for the CFL instead?

Recommended Posts

Denali   

If the Browns select a QB in the first round of this year's NFL draft, would that QB be better off choosing the CFL instead?  Would it be better for his career?

Edited by Denali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Take the money. Never know when you might get injured. The Browns have a lot of draft capital this year. If they use it properly, the new QB could grow with these young talents into a good team. And the Browns only need to be average to be a HUGE jump in quality. In other words, that QB will, almost by definition, improve the team. So, he'll be seen as an upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  In fact, the Browns are in great shape with draft capital and cap space.  This team will have an abundance of young talent with a good FA and draft, and any decent QB could have a bright future there.  Of course, there is always the highly negative unknowns  given the past history of that franchise.  But there IS a light at the end of the tunnel for their fans.  Only question is how bright that light is with this HC.

 

pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Denali   
24 minutes ago, prometheus said:

Only question is how bright that light is with this HC.

 

pro

That's a question?  A question for which there is only one answer is not a question.  The Browns are hopeless as long as Hue Jackson is at the helm.  Draft picks don't mean shit as long as he is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   

He's going to be with a good OC and behind a really good offensive line.  If he's just turned off by the stigma of being with the Browns, then he's an idiot.  Any top QB is going to a crappy team, and there are worse situations to be in than the one in Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japan   

I’m thinking with all of this draft capital in a possibly competent GM’s hands, the Browns may turn this around. I assume Hue is gone after this year. I would say 2 years out they may be competitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wtenn   

I remember when Rocket Ismail did the same to avoid playing for the 1-15 Cowboys.  A few years later the Cowboys won the SuperBowl with Ismail playing in Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japan   
Just now, wtenn said:

I remember when Rocket Ismail did the same to avoid playing for the 1-15 Cowboys.  A few years later the Cowboys won the SuperBowl with Ismail playing in Canada.

F all of those Ismail’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Denali   
1 hour ago, Supernope said:

How long would the Browns hold his rights?

Here is what I was able to find (it took a while of searching):

 

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/3/1/5443918/nfl-collective-bargaining-agreement-cba-101-draft-rookie-contracts

 

It is also worth noting that if a player is drafted, but opts to play in another league, the drafting team still maintains rights to the player if they decide to play in the NFL. This lasts for three years, after which, the drafting team maintains RoFR only.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle021   

If I’m Rosen I’m stoked about going to Cleveland. 

 

They have an amazing OL, a great OC, two stud WRs and a damn good promising TE with star potential and the best LT in the league

 

plus, they have a shit ton of draft capital

 

He could have a top 5 OL, Barkley in the backfield, Gordon/Coleman/Njoku to throw to and a great receiving back in Johnson

 

Rosen is going to be a very good QB. He’s head and shoulders the best in the draft. He’s just whining about playing for the Browns. 

 

He obviously hasnt paid attention to the fact they have a competent FO and a lot of talent and MONEY to make him richer than any team in the league when the time comes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, reo said:

NFL is much more money and I think the browns would continue to own his rights so no.

If he doesn't sign he could go back into next years draft. Idk if going to another pro league changes that or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

If I’m Rosen I’m stoked about going to Cleveland. 

 

They have an amazing OL, a great OC, two stud WRs and a damn good promising TE with star potential and the best LT in the league

 

plus, they have a shit ton of draft capital

 

He could have a top 5 OL, Barkley in the backfield, Gordon/Coleman/Njoku to throw to and a great receiving back in Johnson

 

Rosen is going to be a very good QB. He’s head and shoulders the best in the draft. He’s just whining about playing for the Browns. 

 

He obviously hasnt paid attention to the fact they have a competent FO and a lot of talent and MONEY to make him richer than any team in the league when the time comes

Their OL is not amazing. They are real good at run blocking. Average at best at pass blocking, even with a healthy Thomas. But after Thomas went down they were really hurting in pass pro.

 

No one should ever be pumped to go to Cleveland unless you're going there you play them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×