Who is on your FA radar?

kyle021

Let me get this out the way. Watkins is obviously on my wish list for FA this year. As well as Trumaine Johnson. Are they realistic though? We will find out. 

Who is on your radar? Who does your gut say we sign?

i have a real gut feeling we sign LG Shaun Lauvao from Washington. He comes from a zone run blocking team and is good in pass pro. Not elite but good. Comparable to Spain, and better athletically plays zone 

If we don’t bring Decker back I can see a WR - I already said who I want but there are a few guys that really kind of “pop” when I think of em

John Brown would be a killer slot. He also plays outside. He wouldn’t break the bank and he would instantly upgrade the offense when playing. 

We we really need a third defensive end behind Casey and Johnson. If they bring Jones back that’s awesome for run defense but I want him as the NT 

How would Poe fit in? Or Logan? 

Could JR pay up for Richardson? That would be dominant. 

There are no edge rushers. Plus we have our main two. We need a backup and future replacement. Resign Walden - Look at draft

CB/S

Joyner is going to cost alot so you may as well just draft one. Also signing Joyner while it would upgrade big time - it would move Byard to SS. While Byard is an elite FS and played a lot of SS his rookie year and looked dominant there too, I wouldn’t move him out of the FS slot to make room for a new FS and just shift him back after an all pro year

CB is interesting. I would love a big signing here, but as pointed out by others we signed Ryan last year and drafted one in the first. That’s two big investments that panned out as planned. Sims is coming off a hammy, Smith looked like a quality #4 and Reed is unknown 

what about a guy like Kyle Fuller? He would fit perfect. Can play LCB and RCB and NB all at high levels. Has dealt with injuries though, but is coming off a really good season. 

Btw is Pees a more zone or man guy?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not expecting much. A backup QB. Backup RB. Maybe a NT or G. A few role players on D. That's about it.

I'd rather keep Woodyard and risk him getting old vs cutting him and keeping Williamson, but they better get another ILB

I don't have a radar. I have a sun dial.

I honestly dont think we'll sign anybody to be a starter. Itll more of improving the back end of the roster and thats fine we need help in a lot of #3 and #4 spots. I think we'll resign Williamson, i was on the fense about it but hes been healthy, a great run stopper and is still young. I hope the resign Jones as well. Hes been steadily improving. 

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

mine haven't changed much since the end of the season.

Dion Lewis

Nigel Bradham

Paul Richardson

Cameron Fleming (with Conklin likely to miss the start of the season we need depth at OT)

This one is actually pretty good and realistic.  Add in a NT and that would be pretty much an ideal FA period.

The draft is where all the excitement will come in but if we could come out of FA with one starter in the front 7 I’d be happy...

Maybe Ezekiel Ansah price tags goes down a bit because the injuries the last couple years? He’s a player that could really help the front 7.

Hes played a lot of 3-4 defense in the past at DE. And he’s athletic enough to slide outside rushing the passer. We could do a lot with him and he’s fierce rushing the passer.

Add a stud a LB in the draft and the front 7 could be much improved! 

1 minute ago, Jd8 said:

The draft is where all the excitement will come in but if we could come out of FA with one starter in the front 7 I’d be happy...

Maybe Ezekiel Ansah price tags goes down a bit because the injuries the last couple years? He’s a player that could really help the front 7.

Hes played a lot of 3-4 defense in the past at DE. And he’s athletic enough to slide outside rushing the passer. We could do a lot with him and he’s fierce rushing the passer.

Add a stud a LB in the draft and the front 7 could be much improved! 

Hes gonna get tagged

5 minutes ago, Jd8 said:

No way man.  Pass rushers for the most part always GET PAID.  We should be looking into Robert Quinn of the Rams when he gets cut.

Edited by rns90

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This one is actually pretty good and realistic.  Add in a NT and that would be pretty much an ideal FA period.

i'd say Dontari Poe but JRob could of signed him last offseason and didn't have any interest, so i'm not sure if there is a realistic option in FA.

could Bennie Logan be considered a NT?

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

i'd say Dontari Poe but JRob could of signed him last offseason and didn't have any interest, so i'm not sure if there is a realistic option in FA.

could Bennie Logan be considered a NT?

Yes, Logan is a NT.  I think Poe is looking for the most money this time around since he signed a one year cheap deal last year.

Suh might get cut from the the Dolphins.  Can he even play NT?

The Pats might cut Alan Branch. He's not a real young guy (33), but can fill a NT spot in the short term. Huge guy at 6'6 350 lb. Ngata is another one. I'm not sure what Pees is looking for in a NT, but he's had massive guys (Ngata, Wilfork, Brandon Williams) play the position before. Guys like Logan and Lotulelei are shorter, squatty type guys.