Former GOP Senator says Republican don't want gun control

freakingeek

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't think people understand the destructive power of our military. The mere idea that we'd be able to go toe to toe with our own military is fucking hilarious. The Russians had to invade Afghanistan; the American Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, etc are already here. And when I say here, I mean that shit. Our military is interwoven into the very fabric of our lives and know the ins and outs of every corner of this country. They can be absolutely anywhere in mere minutes and there isn't shit any of us can do about it. The only hope Americans have is that if it came to it, our soldiers refused to follow orders. Y'all act like the military would have to go into the rockies to hunt down some rouge militia clan when in reality they'll just let those people starve/freeze to death after they've taken complete control of every aspect of our infrastructure. Americans may not know what our military is capable of but the rest of the world sure does.

Wrong the US military is spread out over the entire World. It has only about 200k combat ready personnel on the mainland (a large chunk of these are navy personnel). Who has control of the industry that builds the weapons, equipment, grows the food, and makes everything the military depends on? The citizenry has control of that. Boeing, Springfield Armory, and all those companies that design and build things for the military are not government controlled.  If you think the military has the ability to seize control of this country with 200k people (wouldn't even be that many because some of them would defect), then you are an idiot. 

The US military is not designed to fight a war against the American people. It doesn't have its own industry, and the military is deployed spread out over the world to act as a buffer zone against a foreign invasion. This debate wasn't even over the US military. It was over a Chinese invasion. 

The US military has units that could squash a rebellion rather quickly. But there is a huge difference between a few thousand angry rebels, and 50+ million pissed off revolutionists. No military on the face of the Earth has the manpower or resources to beat that. If technology and training determined the outcomes of wars then we would all be living under Nazi rule right now. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not true. They made it easier for the mentally disabled to buy guns...

Raving about tyranny and invasion is not a legitimate reason for my son to be at risk in school.   I have a Driver's License.  My car is registered in the state of NY.  I still have the free

Well, I'll be honest, I expected the FBI/NICS (National Instant Check System) to be a clusterfuck when I first heard about it.  But I was just thinking about this earlier,...  I only own two guns nowa

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, patsplat said:

License and registration.  Calm down, this is real simple.

Its not that simple. Gun Owners do not want a national registry. They believe that in the long term the government will end up abusing it. That's a hardline stance they have. 

12 minutes ago, begooode said:

Too bad the lives of reasonable children are not considered enough for a decent compromise.

It's gonna take MAGA - Mothers Against Gun-toting A******* to make a difference

12 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Gun owners are behaving like unreasonable children.

No, they just have concerns that you don't want to listen to. And that perfectly illustrates why the government body in this country has been nothing but dysfunctional for the last 10 years. 

29 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

Its not that simple. Gun Owners do not want a national registry. They believe that in the long term the government will end up abusing it. That's a hardline stance they have. 

A national registry is against the law.  Patty knows that, but it gets her knickers in a knot whenever she thinks too hard about it.

2 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

No, they just have concerns that you don't want to listen to. And that perfectly illustrates why the government body in this country has been nothing but dysfunctional for the last 10 years. 

Raving about tyranny and invasion is not a legitimate reason for my son to be at risk in school.

I have a Driver's License.  My car is registered in the state of NY.  I still have the freedom to drive where ever I want.

Gun owners could have a carry license.  And register their firearms.  And still go hunting / defend their home / etc.

9 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Stupid laws can and should be changed.

Stupid, fearful people could change too, but they won't.

So they sit back and bitch from behind their keyboards until the world is safe enough for their fragile psyches

Which they think they're protecting, with their pussy hat.

LOL

We have people in this country who are now claiming words can be a form of assault.  It's ludicrous.

Almost as ludicrous as their 12 16 18 21 genders.

We've started sacrificing science on the altar of progressive identity politics.

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Instead they go out and buy a gun...

And as long as they get some training, stock up on ammunition and practice enough to become proficient, I have no problem with that.

Why would anyone object to that?

Why do you object SO STRENUOUSLY, and continuously demonize people exercising a constitutional right SK?

It should be cause to celebrate.

Yet, here you are, disparaging them every fucking chance you get.

And then try to portray yourself as some kind of patriot.

Stop shilling for 10 seconds and stand for the country instead of that line of bullshit your party tells you to.

23 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

A national registry is against the law.  Patty knows that, but it gets her knickers in a knot whenever she thinks too hard about it.

Its the radicalism and refusal to work together that gets me with politics today. I have not seen a single politician offer anything of value because its not about finding solutions for Americans. Its about making the other side look bad so you can secure some votes, a position of power, and a steady paycheck. 

As far as schools being shot up with AR15s, the solution is right there in front of everyones face and it is simple. Raise the age requirement. The youth of today have demonstrated they lack the maturity of the generations before them and they can wait another 7 years before they can own one. 

Its that simple but you wont see a single politician offer it because it doesn't make the other side look bad enough to garner them some votes. 

1 hour ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

Okay here is one reason why gun advocates don't want to listen to gun-control advocates. Because you don't know anything about guns and you demonstrate it in almost every word you speak. The AR15 does not fire 800 rounds per minute. The barrel would fucking melt. Try around 400 a minute done by a trained shooter, and after those 400 rounds the barrel would either have to be changed or the gun would have to sit and cool down. These shooters aren't getting 400 rounds per minute out of the gun. (The exception being the Vegas shooter, who knew what he was doing)

Secondly the AR15 is an intermediate cartridge weapon designed for ranges of 200-300m. Its not even the ideal weapon for shooting up a school. A close range weapon like a shotgun and handgun would be far more devastating if the shooter knew what they were doing. Guns are tools and how deadly a shooting is going to be is going to depend on the shooter. Someone who knows how to use a firearm could walk into a school with an 1800's Henry repeating rifle and kill far more than 17 people. 

I agree a 19 year old does not need to own a weapon like an AR15. That's not what the NRA has a problem with. The Democrats want to overreach and that is the problem. The Democrats want bans, they want government registries, they want government control. The NRA and gun owners will never go for that. Now the Republicans are also stupid for screaming the mental illness bullshit. I get that too. 

What people should be more mad about is that the retards in office are too stupid to come up with easy compromises that are sitting right in front of their faces, like simply raising the age requirements to buy such weapons. Or getting government agencies to do their damned jobs of enforcing the gun laws that already exist. The FBI had information on Cruz and didn't act on it because they are too busy trying tracking Russians on twitter. Dylan Roof should have been denied the hand gun he bought. His background check would have failed if the government agency wouldn't have ignored it. 

But no, lets continue to ignore the constant daily failures of our government, because its easier to buy their bullshit propaganda they spew on the media every day. 

I own guns but I don't have an assault weapon so I consulted Wikipedia.Technically, the AR-15 fires 800 rounds a minute (source: Wikipedia), which is 13.3rounds per second. This is the “cycle rate” of the weapon, assuming it could be fired as fast as physically possible and had a bottomless magazine.

Secondly, IF it was a perfect world we wouldn't need gun registration OR assault rifles. It's not a perfect world. Stricter registration for gun owners and tougher laws governing the purchase of guns are needed. The government doesn't operate efficiently enough to depend on them to enforce what laws we have. So you have to make provisions for the mentally incompetent, nutcases and idiots because they are out there.

I'm assuming by your pro gun rhetoric, who haven't' had one of your children or family member killed in a mass shooting. That's what we are talking about. Not barrels melting down and people getting theie panties in a wadded about the 2nd amendment. The NRA doesn't support gun legislation. They spent millions last year fighting background checks in Nevada. https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/nra-spending-nevada-universal-background-checks-las-vegas/  There's no compromise. So we've had 3 school shootings PER WEEK since Jan 1st  and we're currently doing nothing about it and won't, as long as there is no compromise with the NRA.