Sign in to follow this  
Tomachek

Jaylen Samuels - Human Swiss Army Knife

Tomachek   

Could be the perfect 3rd down compliment runningback to Henry.  Can play RB, FB, TE, WR and has even thrown touchdowns.  Very elusive as a runner and after the catch, thick frame but is very nimble.  Would be a great weapon for the screen game.

Edited by Tomachek

Tomachek   
8 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

He is my top RB.  200 catches in college.  I love him. 

Definitely one of my favorite runningbacks in the draft, he excels in the screen game which is exactly what Vrabel wants to incorporate. 

OILERMAN   
On 2/28/2018 at 5:23 PM, Huston said:

Not a great athlete, pass.

He doesn't look very explosive or fast to me

abenjami   
On 3/4/2018 at 6:40 AM, OILERMAN said:

He doesn't look very explosive or fast to me

Questionable balance as well.

Rolltide   

Who thinks a 6'0 225 lb guy can play WR in the NFL? Also not big enough to be a TE in this league. He is too short to be a quality H-back. 

The Swiss army knife tag is just a ruse to make you not consider his modest rushing productivity. 

His receiving stats look good but he did that as a TE.

The idea that somebody would use a 1st rd pick on this guy is crazy. He is a good athlete but might not be a quality NFL player at any position. 

Rolltide   

Bongo thinks the Pats will jump on him. I disagree. The Pats draft real RBs not tweener TEs. 

Shane Vareen and Dion Lewis were real RBs in college with thousand yards seasons. Lewis was massively productive at Pitt. They are also 200 lb guys. 

Who was the Faulk guy that was a TD machine for the Pats 10-15 years ago? He didn't have the flat-out speed either but he had a feel for space and was very, very productive.

Tomachek   

Samuels was a monster in the red zone this year 12 out of his 16 touchdowns came in the red zone.  One of the biggest things with Vrabel is he wants guys that can play multiple positions, which this kid can.  He's more than willing to play special teams, can split out wide on 3rd downs and has proven he can run the ball.

Soxcat   

The kid is almost like a shorter version of Delaney Walker.  I have no problem with his burst or speed and he looks like he would be a good fit.  Really depends on what we do in FA because we might sign a RB.