Another shooting today!!

Stan

4 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Take it up with the SCOTUS dumbass.

They have unequivocally stated that you're only half right.

Besides, who knows when the militia may be needed again?

And no, the National Guard is NOT the militia.

And we know this, because it's legal to deploy the Nat'l Guard overseas.

The militia can only be used to defend the home turf.  The constitution clearly states that part also.

You done jerking yourself off to the 2nd amendment and dead kids yet? 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll say it again.... if 20+ dead 6 and 7 year olds at Sandy Hook didnt change minds nothing will. 

Posted Images

The 2nd Amendment does not guarantee everyone the right to own a gun. There is no reason why the government can not legally regulate who can buy a gun and what kind of gun they can buy. Even Antonin Scalia said so. 

Conservatives are just more comfortable with dead kids than they are pissed off NRA members. 

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The government does regulate who can buy a gun and it regulates automatic weapons.  So what is your point?  The bullets an AR-15 shoots are no more deadly than those from a pistol. 

But again, the political side of this is the liberal idiotic mentality that the cause of these shootings is the gun.  As if the gun got up and walked to the school and started shooting.  Jamal actually thinks insane people and criminals will abide by the law if we remove guns.  That is full retard. 

Republicans like to cry about it being a mental health issue. They have said so for years. And yet they have not even offered a solution to improve mental health. 

So if Republicans care, why do they do nothing? Where has their bill to end school shootings been lo these many years? 

I guess being pro-life ends at protecting little children from bullets. 

3 hours ago, OzTitan said:

and far too unlike modern day English in structure

The Bible.  Everybody has their own interpretation.

Again.  It happens.  There is too much anger flowing in America.  We are at each other's throats.  The conversation is as polarized as I have ever known.  I have completely shut out some "friends."  The news is horrible, every day.  The 

SMH.

I quit.  I don't give up, but I realize I can't come up with a solution.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Problem is the kids are unarmed!

I think every man, woman and child above the age of accountability should be strapped with explosives and armed to the guilds with weaponry at all times! Guaranteed world peace!

10 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I literally just listened on the news the man name every school that was a part of a shooting since Columbine in 99. There were 25.

There were two in 2016, two in 2017, and today was the second of the year.

So I would say based on "trends" we are done for the year.

But two more by next week based on trend? 

This shit doesn't happen based on trends. Moronic shit.

And no one phased by it. Which is why its all anyone is talking about. 

Know wtf you're talking about. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/school-shootings-year-article-1.3821162

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

But, beyond that, I agree. Either we, as a nation, come to terms with removing the 2nd amendment and having a (slow) cleanup of the majority of guns on the streets through buybacks, prosecution, etc... or we come to terms with strong, heavy-handed regulation on what types of guns are allowed, to who and in what quantity... or we hold our breath and do nothing, waiting for the next group of children to be plucked from existence.

Long term, those are the real alternatives.

Oh, and yes... also figure out why we, as a society, pervert the minds and hearts of people who will do this. But that's secondary, given that it's of uncertain, ambiguous, multi-pronged causes that may or may not be addressable.

There are too many weapons to do anything about it at this point unless you’re talking about solving a problem for several generations down the road. And you risk all our war to get there. These are not the people to fuck with. Think for a second what would happen if you banned Justafan and TDF from owning a gun. Would that stop them from owning them? Would that stop them from passing them on? Would you attempt to confiscate them? How would you go about doing that? 

Im not being an asshole here. These conversations are better done in person. I could see at some point in the fairly distant future where gun manufacturing is very limited by law. Other than that, the idea of a gun ban is a nonstarter. 

10 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I'm sure Jake will move the goal posts about how the other 16 school shootings this year don't really count. 

Many of them don't.

A pellet gun fired at a school bus doesn't equate to a school shooting.

An old man that commits suicide in a school parking lot while the school is closed isn't a "school shooting" either.

One fear monger quoting another amounts to hyperbole, not reasoned debate.

6 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

What do you think about my idea above? Stop the war on drugs. Legalize like Portugal. Use those resources to protect schools. 

I'm all for protecting schools and where we get the resources to do that doesn't matter to me.  Just do it.

There's any number of funding mechanisms that could be employed, starting with Veterans' programs.

Most gun owners would even be okay with tapping Pittman-Robertson funds for a percentage of it.

But I'm not for a blanket legalization of drugs without a control system, and I don't want protection for schools and students to hinge on that.

6 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I'm all for protecting schools and where we get the resources to do that doesn't matter to me.  Just do it.

There's any number of funding mechanisms that could be employed, starting with Veterans' programs.

Most gun owners would even be okay with tapping Pittman-Robertson funds for a percentage of it.

But I'm not for a blanket legalization of drugs without a control system, and I don't want protection for schools and students to hinge on that.

Agreed. I wouldn’t want it to hinge on that either. I don’t mean full legalization. I mean a common sense approach of reallocating resources, which would include a large portion of the police force working on drug related crimes being moved over to protecting schools in tandem with private security. The veterans idea isn’t a bad one at all, as long as they were thoroughly vetted. And these wouldn’t, on either side, be police or vets, or security, whoever, patrolling the schools looking for small incidents going on with the kids. They would be a protection force. 

Either way, something obviously has to be done. And every time I hear a liberal say ‘ban guns!’ I fucking cringe. Not even because I don’t sympathize with their point, but it has literally nothing to do with helping prevent these instances right now. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny