Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Anyone know anything about car radios? I need some help

Stan   

So today my radio just stopped working. It’s aftermarket radio I got that came wjtb the car. It’s a pioneer avic-n4. The lights work as you can see but the screen is completely black and there is no sound. The eject button works and the back seat screens light up and the screens work but no sound, no radio no cd plays. I tried changing the fuses  especially the one in the head board because it looked burned out. I also changed the amp fuses and Audio fuses on the side panel. Anyone know what could be wrong? If it’s not fuses could be a wire is loose ? 

A7B0B656-AE9B-4F13-9B84-F8C51EFFCBA5.jpeg

abenjami   

The lights being on indicate it’s getting power and that means it’s not a fuse.

Maybe it’s working fine and you just didn’t realize you went deaf?

Edited by abenjami

Stan   
12 minutes ago, abenjami said:

The lights being on indicate it’s getting power and that means it’s not a fuse.

Maybe it’s working fine and you just didn’t realize you went deaf?

lol then deaf and blind ? Because the screen is black. It’s touch screen. The front panel stays black but the 2 back screens are visible. I’m guessing the wires got lose or maybe something is discounted 

Stan   
5 hours ago, Opus74 said:

It's fucked.

Replace it or just enjoy the quiet.

Not in San Diego traffic. I need music or talk radio to relax or I’ll get out of the car and kill someone lol :4_joy: . I was hoping I could fix it on my own before replacing I guess not?

FRT   

Welcome to the throw away society.  If checking wiring/changing fuses don’t work then getting a pro to check it out will cost as much as replacing.  Probably end up replacing in the long run anyhow.

I just had one do the same thing. . Touchscreen with a DVD player. I turned my key and it shorted out. Traced all the lines and fuses and everything’s fine so it’s probably fried. Was gonna order a replacement face before a new head unit to see if the face just shorted out and the buttons aren’t working.