AFC South Mock Draft

kyle021

Just gonna do the first two rounds for each team. Next mock will be Three

Houston - HAHA NOTHING FUCKERS

Jacksonville

1) Dallas Goedart - TE

2) Lamar Jackson - QB

- Assuming they keep Bortles one extra year, and don’t bring in AJ McCarron somehow with their “endless cap” they go with the best TE available with no WR worth the pick and in the second they take a QB to groom for the first year in Jackson who they may have to trade up for. 

Indianapolis

1) Saquon Barkley - RB

2) Kolton Miller - OT

- Assuming Andrew Luck is healthy they don’t go QB, and they give him the “‘MM treatment” by giving him a franchise RB and an OT to protect his blindside. I assume they will look toward FA to find help on the OL but they won’t quit there and they will also look to address their secondary in FA also. I have them passing on Chubb to give Luck protection and an actual ground game. 

Tennessee 

1) Rashaan Evans - ILB/OLB

2) Billy Price - OG/OC

- This was hard for me. I really want to put my personal favorite here in Harrison but two things... JR loves Cyprien and ILB is a more pressing need. While I like Darius Leonard better, I don’t think he is worth the 25th pick over Evans and I don’t think he is there for us in the second. I have us dipping into the OSU roots again to solidify our interior OL by taking Price who starts out as starting OG this year and transitions to C in his second year after Jones leaves. This adds to protecting MM and improving the athleticism and blocking on the OL and in case of injury, Price can play all 3 interior OL spots making him very valuable to us. Rashaan Evans gives us that three down ILB who can also line up at OLB and get to the QB or rush from the middle. Solid first two rounds for us giving us immediate impact players day one at positions of need. Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Right?

Dissect...

don't mind the players you have chosen but I find it hard to see Price/Jackson making it deep into the 2nd round.

I see the Colts going with Chubb at 3, they can get their RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

regarding Lamar Jackson, I can actually see the Jags taking him, but it will be at pick 29 not in the 2nd round, despite some of his accuracy flaws I can see some team falling in love with his potential and taking him in the first round.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

don't mind the players you have chosen but I find it hard to see Price/Jackson making it deep into the 2nd round.

I see the Colts going with Chubb at 3, they can get their RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

regarding Lamar Jackson, I can actually see the Jags taking him, but it will be at pick 29 not in the 2nd round, despite some of his accuracy flaws I can see some team falling in love with his potential and taking him in the first round.

I think Price falls to our pick in 2 if the draft is today. 

There are are several players that are just as good if not better then him at OG. 

Nelson, Hernandez, Wynn are all better OG’s than him. Then there’s Braden Smith, The kid from Bama whose name I can’t get right. There’s Brown, Williams, Miller, Chumarka or whatever his name is at OT as well. You also have James Daniels at OG/OC that is better than Price and then there is Ragnow who is a damn good C and can also be a damn good OG. This is actually a really good draft for OL and teams will pick the OT’s and Nelson/Hernandez/Wynn in the first... that pushed the C’s like Price/Daniels/Ragnow into the late late first and second. 

The draft is loaded with RB and TE and CB’s and S’s and QBs which will make for a predictable first round. 

In in other words... You have 4-5 QBs going in 1 this year... 4 OTs and about 3 OG and for sure 3 WR’s going round 1... mix in the Barkley/Michel/Jones at RB, Goedart/Hurst at TE, the multiple interior DL, 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB and ILBs... A crop of S’s like Fitzpatrick, Harrison, Allen, James and about 6-7 CB’s with first round grades (Ward, Jackson, Hughes, Oliver, McFadden, Davis, Alexander) and you’re talking about some serious interior OL being pushed into the second round... teams will be reaching for WR and CB at that point too and pass rushers because they couldn’t get one early enough so now they gotta take one mid second round bc the guy they’re taking in the second wasn’t as highly graded as they wanted in 1 and won’t be there in the late second...

plus the 10-15 surprise

picks that shouldn’t be drafted so

high like Rudolph, Andrews, Nick Chubb, Oronkwo, Washington, Key, etc...

yeah. Price could be there in the late second. As could Jackson, but like I said I can see them trading up for him giving up a future 3rd just to make the jump

if the Jags like Lamar Jackson they aren't going to risk the gauntlet of QB needy teams twice, they will take him in round 1.

regarding Billy Price of course he could slide to us but you are hoping a top 30 talent in this draft drops to 57, teams value versatility, Price has shown he can handle both C and G, I can see him possibly slipping to 40-45 but 57 would be a surprise.

You could also say

Indy

1) Bradley Chubb - DE

2) Kolton Miller - OT

3) Kerryon Johnson - RB

Jacksonville

1) Lamar Jackson/Mason Rudolph - QB

2) James Washington - WR

3) Mark Andrews - TE

Titans

1) Taven Bryan - DT

2) Billy Price - OG/OC

3) Lorenzo Carter - OLB

4) Josey Jewell - ILB

5) Dante Pettis - WR

Texans

3) Troy Fumagalli - TE

4) Deontay Burnett - WR

who knows

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

if the Jags like Lamar Jackson they aren't going to risk the gauntlet of QB needy teams twice, they will take him in round 1.

regarding Billy Price of course he could slide to us but you are hoping a top 30 talent in this draft drops to 57, teams value versatility, Price has shown he can handle both C and G, I can see him possibly slipping to 40-45 but 57 would be a surprise.

Price is not a top 30 talent. He’s a top 50

Theres 30 players better than him, including 4 at OG and 1 at C (Daniel)

8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

They could, but I don’t think Caldwell/Coughlin force it. I think they go BPA in 1 and trade up for Jackson in 2

Jackson is really raw. He can run, but has a long way to go at being a QB...

i think he shouldn’t go until round 3...

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, Falk, Spaulda are all better QBs at this point. Jackson has a ways to go. 

1 minute ago, Kyle021 said:

Price is not a top 30 talent. He’s a top 50

Theres 30 players better than him, including 4 at OG and 1 at C (Daniel)

that's your opinion, good thing is there will be a definitive answer come late april.

Jeremiah/Brugler/Zierlein/Miller all have Price inside their top 30 players.

Just my view... if I’m a team and purely want/need a center I’m looking at Daniel/Ragnow. If I’m looking for an OG I’m looking at Nelson, Hernandez, Wynn, Daniel AND THEN Price. Hell... if I’m at my fourth-fifth best OG in round two then I may wait and draft an OT in round 4-5 and move him to OG like we used to, but teams don’t do that anymore 

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

that's your opinion, good thing is there will be a definitive answer come late april.

It is, and that’s yours. That’s fine. We can agree that Price is a fine player, but he’s not a first round talent to me... He’s not a Zack Martin, Decastro, Pouncey, or Frederick...

He is a solid, fundamental OL who can start LG, C, RG but he’s not better than the pure OG or C ahead of him and he’s a specific scheme fit player. 

Teams will take a QB, OT, pass rusher, cover corner, three down RB, multifaceted TE, interior DL, three down ILB or S over him every time. 

This is Draft is loaded at those positions

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

They also have Mayfield/Allen going top 5-15 which is crazy but likely

plus... Rudolph could sneak into 1 and Jackson can you like you said. Then there’s guys like Falk/Spaulda Who May go in 2 pushing even more quality down the board 

13 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Far more worried about Barkley going early to the Dolts than Fournette going to the Jags last year. He and a healthy Luck could be lethal.

It’s very likely... 

Its either Chubb or Barkley at 3 right now. Just depends. If SF let’s Hyde walk and Indy signs Hyde they could go Chubb and OT in 1&2 giving Luck that RB/OT combo and that defense a major pass rusher. 

If NY takes Chubb at 2 and Indy passes on Barkley bc they sign Hyde they could double dip and get Quenton Nelson at OG, Miller at OT in round 1&2 and go defense after and have Nelson and Miller protecting Luck along with the C they drafted last year giving Luck the most talented OL he has had and an OL paving the way for Hyde... that’s scarier in my opinion...

they could also just trade out with a team needing a QB like the Jets and acquire Nelson at 6 and have two early second rounders they can use on an OLB like Armstrong/Davenport and the other 2nd on an OT like Miller and pick up a TE like Andrews in 3...

Colts are easily right back on top if they just get Luck a WR like Robinson/Lee/Landry in FA, DE like Chubb at 3, OT like Miller in 2 and a RB like Johnson/Freeman/Chubb in 3... 

You know what...

im going to switch it up this year. 

Im going to do offseason mocks for each team in this division. 

Indy will be first tomorrow. 

Itll be a way to get more familiar with these draftees and FA outlook

there has been a fundamental shift in the NFL over recent years regarding the positional value of interior OL compared to OT, the pay gap between the elite LT and the elite OG is now down to only $1.5 million per season.

when the top OG are starting to earn $12-$13 million a season in FA, it also increases the position value in the draft.

LT and protecting the QB blind side will always have a premium, but as we found out this year having a sub standard interior OL can completely destroy your offense.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if 5 G/C go in the top 40 picks in this draft, Nelson/Wynn/Price/Hernandez/Daniels.

Archived