Early Tour of Mock Drafts

Jonboy

Interesting to see Harold Landry as a guy who keeps getting mocked to us...

Mel Kiper, ESPN: DE/OLB Harold Landry, Boston College.

Todd McShay, ESPN: TE Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State.

Nate Davis, USA Today: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama.

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com: C James Daniels, Iowa. (He also picked South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst in a video mock).

Bucky Brooks, NFL.com: DE/OLB Harold Landry, Boston College.

Steve Palazzolo, Pro Football Focus: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama.

Lance Zierlein, NFL.com: DE/OLB Harold Landry, Boston College.

Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com: G Will Hernandez, Texas El-Paso.

Chad Reuter, NFL.com: DE/OLB Harold Landry, Boston College. 

Jared Dubin, CBS Sports: LB Malik Jefferson, Texas.

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report: DE/OLB Harold Landry, Boston College.

Chris Trapasso, CBS Sports: DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma.

Dane Brugler, The Sports Xchange: DE Sam Hubbard, Ohio State.

RJ White, CBS Sports: DT Taven Bryan, Florida.

WalterFootball.com: S Ronnie Harrison, Alabama.

Bryan Fischer, Athlon Sports: TE Hayden Hurst, South Carolina. 

Dan Kadar, SB Nation: DE/OLB Harold Landry, Boston College.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Who-Will-Titans-Pick-A-Tour-of-the-Mock-Drafts/00dd3f5a-ac38-4f05-8d43-401a66556935

Personally, from what little I know about these players in the process so far, only Hubbard, Hernandez, and maybe Evans (lacks some instincts and has durability concerns) fit the bill for what Robinson looks for in a player imo. And maybe Daniels, but I don't see us drafting him at 25 and Jeremiah seems like the only guy who has him rated that highly at this stage. 

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

Personally, from what little I know about these players in the process so far, only Hubbard, Hernandez, and maybe Evans (lacks some instincts and has durability concerns) fit the bill for what Robinson looks for in a player imo. And maybe Daniels, but I don't see us drafting him at 25 and Jeremiah seems like the only guy who has him rated that highly at this stage. 

Brugler and Zierlein both like him quite a bit I think.

I can actually see TE being a dark horse pick. Delanie is old, and probably only has a year or two left. And let's be honest, while he was miscast, Jonnu certainly offered nothing to think he can be the guy going forward.

Dallas Goedert is a beast, great size/speed mismatch guy, and most importantly a red zone terror.

I assume we're going with a guard or LBer, JRob tends to keep things simple & take the best player at a need spot. I also think this is the way to go this year as well. I especially like the idea of a big ILB with size who can blitz, ala Evans. But I think TE could be a surprise pick.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

I can actually see TE being a dark horse pick. Delanie is old, and probably only has a year or two left. And let's be honest, while he was miscast, Jonnu certainly offered nothing to think he can be the guy going forward.

Dallas Goedert is a beast, great size/speed mismatch guy, and most importantly a red zone terror.

I assume we're going with a guard or LBer, JRob tends to keep things simple & take the best player at a need spot. I also think this is the way to go this year as well. I especially like the idea of a big ILB with size who can blitz, ala Evans. But I think TE could be a surprise pick.

A rb makes way more sense than a TE in the first. 

3 minutes ago, Face said:

I wouldn't be surprised with any position except QB and OT at this point. 

38 minutes ago, Face said:

Love Vita Vea.  340 NT's who can also rush the passer are as rare as it gets.

I'd trade up for him if i could. Ngata was huge for the Ravens D... bad pun intended. well it was a bonus.

I could see a  guard of exceptional value.  Man do we miss Munch.  We need an Edge and ILB.  There will be pro bowl players at these positions still on the board, but could JRob discover one.  I am just sticking with Roquan Smith or Vita Vea.  QBs and RBs are going to shoot up the board.  Davis, Williams, Ross went in the top 10.  No way he takes a TE.

Landry i's the consensus pick for the Titans.  I have seen him at 25th and in the 2nd.  I don't see him as our pick.

I don't see TE being an option in round 1.  When Jonnu was given the opportunity to make plays in the passing game, he made plays.  They were early in the year and then he was misused from there on out.  Some of the blocking assignments that were asked of him were BS.  As they were for many of our WRs as well.  I think the general consensus was that we thought he was going to be a much better blocker than he turned out to be.  It was his rookie year, this kid can be a total stud.  

Archived