Sign in to follow this  
nine

Extend Marcus this year? Or wait and see?

10 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

BS

If MM doesn’t succeed JR doesn’t either. 

MM has shown he can be the guy. JR put mega pieces around him. If MM flounders, and continues to regress after the pieces provided, and the staff implemented specifically for him then it falls on JR (MM too) and we will be in the market for a new GM and QB

we brought in a GM to give MM everything needed to succeed. JR has spoken highly of him and went out and assembled a staff that is going to bring out the best. On top of multiple first round and second round picks invested to make MM better. 

If the staff and talent fails... we will be in the market for a new GM, staff and QB

good news?

i see none of that happening

So if Robinson brought in "mega" pieces and hired coaches to make Marcus better but if Maecus fails its JRs fault? Maybe its just Marcus's fault for not taking the next step

Soxcat   
3 minutes ago, Highpockets84 said:

Titans have mega pieces aroun Mariota? Closest thing we have to a mega piece  is Delanie and he wasn’t a JR guy.

JRob signed Matthews, fixed the OL and RB.  Then he drafted Davis, Taylor and Smith.  So yea, the pieces are there but some need to mature and develop. 

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

JRob signed Matthews, fixed the OL and RB.  Then he drafted Davis, Taylor and Smith.  So yea, the pieces are there but some need to mature and develop. 

JR improved the roster for sure but I wouldn’t call any of them mega pieces yet. Henry, Davis and Conklin have the potential to be though. I’m hoping Taylor and Smith make big improvements in year 2.

Soxcat   

Considering Harry Douglas and Wright were out starting WRs in 2015 (thanks Webster for DGB and Hunter) and the OL was pathetic.  Sankey was also our starting RB (thanks again Webster).  Bottom line.  Webster should have already started the rebuild on offense and failed miserably.  Matthews is a darn good WR.  Davis has the potential to be real good as well.  We do still have Delaney.  Now we have a RB that can score from anywhere on the field and an OL that should be pretty solid. 

Yea, there is  some work to do but Mariota should have a pretty good group this year.  Mega might be too strong of a word but compared to where we were a couple of years ago it looks mega. 

If he was willing to extend I'd sign him. Get the hit out of the way upfront, then if he's a good fit and likes it here he might stay on for cheap in his later years like Brady. We have the weapons right now on offense and are close. Why not sign the most important piece?

The big thing is if he wants to sign early. My impression of Mariota is he's a team guy and prob wants some stability.