Reuter, Jeremiah, Brooks, Zierlein mocks 1.0

NashvilleNinja

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914707/article/threeround-mock-draft-browns-among-7-teams-that-pick-qb

Reuter, Brooks, and Zierlein all have us taking Harold Landry at 25, while Jeremiah has us taking James Daniels, the Olineman from Iowa. Reuter also did rounds 2 and 3 and had us taking tight end Mike Gesicki of Penn State and cornerback MJ Stewart of North Carolina.

I'd really like to know Reuter's logic on us taking Gesicki considering we just drafted Jonnu Smith in the last draft. Smith may not have done much, with the exception of a few flash plays here and there, but Mularkey just didn't use him much other than as a blocking dummy. I don't know if Gesicki is a good player or not, but that would seem like a horrible use of a 2nd round pick to me.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk picking at #25. It will be damn near impossible to predict any player at 25.  Hell, I'm not even confident whether the pick will be for offense or defense. There are wa

The Eagles led the league in time of possession, they also had 8 players who rotated on their DL. I heard on a podcast the Eagles DL played the least amount of snaps in the league on average.  

14 minutes ago, big2033 said:

interesting take from Zierlein, many other analysts have a different opinion about this ILB group, they see 2 elite guys in Tremaine Edmunds and Roquan Smith and then a significant fall off after that.

have seen a lot of mixed opinions on Rashaan Evans, for example Brugler has Evans as his 49th best player in the draft.

the question JRob is left with are guys like Darious Leonard, Leighton Vander Esch, Fred Warner, Josey Jewell, Mike McCray who are likely to go somewhere in the 40-80 range, a significant upgrade over just keeping Williamson.

39 minutes ago, ctm said:

Rashaad Evans was still on the board in all 3 mocks.  Titans will take Evans over Landry.  They also won't even think about taking a TE in the 2nd, especially with Wynn on the board who was the next pick.

Not sure why you say this. I like Evans a lot, especially with his ability to blitz from the ILB spot.

He's also on the raw side & while Landry had a bit of an off year because of injury, he played at a much higher level in 2016 then Evans ever has.

Plus, Landry plays a much more impactful position.

2/3/18: Multiple teams sources told me that Landry belongs on the second day of the 2018 NFL Draft. They labeled his senior year tape was not impressive. Landry had a big drop in his pass-rush production year over year and put together some ugly games in run defense

Landry was a liability versus the run against the Fighting Irish, recording only one tackle while Notre Dame ran for seven touchdowns and had two players exceed 200 yards rushing. On the vast majority of his plays, Landry went against a freshman right tackle, yet was ineffective. Landry also lost his few reps against Mike McGlinchey, plus got rag dolled by Quenton Nelson. It was an ugly performance for Landry. He was slightly better against Clemson.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OLB.php#ixzz56kQFG5m4

Upper body strength is below average. Hasn't shown consistent ability to convert his edge speed into power. Rides on blocks for too long. Lacking consistent grit at point of attack.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/harold-landry?id=2559923

Landry doesn't seem to have the toughness that JRob consistently talks about.

JR hasn't said anything so far that would allude to what he thinks our biggest needs are. I didn't know we would end up with Conklin, but JR and Mularkey made it very obvious OL was their biggest priority. JR last year pretty quickly hinted at improving the offensive weapons and DB. Then drafts Corey, Adoree, Taylor, and Jonnu. Adds Logan Ryan.

While LaFleur looks like a good hire, I don't see that being all we do. We'll something to address the offense. FA will be telling. I'd like to see us fill our our offensive needs in FA. Then go D heavy in the draft. Considering Vrabel was a LB himself, I can see him pounding the table for upgrading the LB. Whether JR agrees remains to be seen.

This is when we are either going to love or hate JRob.  We will no longer be picking high in the drafts.  Can he pluck talent that gets overlooked by others?  Here's another take on Harold Landry.

2 hours ago, ctm said:

2/3/18: Multiple teams sources told me that Landry belongs on the second day of the 2018 NFL Draft. They labeled his senior year tape was not impressive. Landry had a big drop in his pass-rush production year over year and put together some ugly games in run defense

Landry was a liability versus the run against the Fighting Irish, recording only one tackle while Notre Dame ran for seven touchdowns and had two players exceed 200 yards rushing. On the vast majority of his plays, Landry went against a freshman right tackle, yet was ineffective. Landry also lost his few reps against Mike McGlinchey, plus got rag dolled by Quenton Nelson. It was an ugly performance for Landry. He was slightly better against Clemson.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OLB.php#ixzz56kQFG5m4

Upper body strength is below average. Hasn't shown consistent ability to convert his edge speed into power. Rides on blocks for too long. Lacking consistent grit at point of attack.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/harold-landry?id=2559923

Landry doesn't seem to have the toughness that JRob consistently talks about.

Good point about his lack of strength. I know Robinson is very much from the Belichick school on defense & you have to set the edge  to play in the edge for the Pats.

That said, his pass rush numbers were awesome last year & he did play hurt this year. But lacking playing strength is a big negative for a Belichick, and I'm assuming Robinson, D.