JakePA_Titan

Update On Markelle Fultz and "the process".

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/markelle-fultz-shoulder-injury-shooting-range/

http://www.phillyvoice.com/bryan-colangelo-offers-more-questions-answers-markelle-fultz-presser/

Limited to shots inside "the paint"

So just to refresh where this entire "process" the Sixers have been going through is at.....

Going back to and starting in 2009.

2009 - Jrue Holiday - 17th overall pick. Currently a pretty good player who they ended up trading for Nerlens Noel. Noel turned out to be, well, a bust.

2010 - Evan Turner - 2nd overall pick. He averaged about 12 points, 3 assists, and 5 boards before being traded after 4 years for Danny Granger. Granger was unhappy a out this and forced his way out.

2011 - Nikola Vucevic - 16th overall pick. They ended up using him as a "throw in" in the deal that landed them Andrew Bynum. They chose to kept Spencer Hawes and Lavoy Allen on Nikola. Vucevic has a career line of 15 ppg, 10 rbpg, and 1 bpg. Currently averaging 17.4 ppg and 9 rbpg this year.

2012 - Maurice Harkless - 16th overall pick. Never played for Philly. They ended up trading him...he amounted to nothing. And got them nothing in return.

2013 - Michael Carter-Williams - 11th overall. He played almost 2 seasons averaging 15, 6, and 5 before being traded for a 1st round pick.

2014 - Joel Embiid - 3rd overall pick. We know the story here. 

2014 - Elfrid Payton - 10th overall pick. They received this pick from LA in a 3 team trade when they sent MCW to MIL. They traded Payton which they ended up turning into Saric.

2015 - Jhalil Okafor - 3rd overall pick. A bust that ended up being traded.

2016 - Ben Simmons - 1st overll. We know the story.

2017 - Markelle Fultz - Traded up to 1st overall for him. We are following the story.

So so far, out of all that, the process has got them Embiid, who looks as good as advertised. Ben Simmons who looks as good as advertised. Saric and Fultz.

2 of which missed at least the first year of their careers. And its looking like Fultz will follow suit.

The reason for this is because Embiid is constantly saying "trust the process" and Im just wondering if he knows the process is this entire ordeal and not just his own personal goal of getting and staying healthy. Because the process has not been promsing enough to this point to totally "trust".

On top of that, their last two 1st overall picks are unable to shoot outside the paint. What a mess. Good thing they play in the putrid east.

Here we go again. You just love comparing LA to the Sixers even though they will make the playoffs and the Lakers are still a lottery team.

Sure they're in a weaker conference, but at least they're competitive there and in a year or two they might even go deep in the playoffs.

And even if Boogie and George go to LA next summer they won't be close to competing with the Rockets or the Warriors. Or even the Spurs.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Wheres the comparsion? Please tell me where the fucking comparison is you dumb, illiterate fuck.

Other than the retarded hater ass lame contrast you wanted to showcase....

You didn't quite get it right.    First off the Sixers were in a terrible position after the Bynam trade, owing two number 1s and limited talent.   Hinke started off the process by trading Holiday for the picks that netted Noels and Payton.   Hinke immediately traded Payton for Saric and the return of their number 1 pick last year.   

Williams trade will get them the Lakers number 1 this year.    A fleecing of the Kings was wasted on the trade up with Boston to get Fultz.   Who knows what's going on with him.    

Sixers have room to also sign a max free agent.    Playing with Embiid and Simmons is more of a draw than what the Lakers can offer.

I will say that I think Colangelo sucks as a GM.    Not sure he won't screw up a great situation he inherited with all the assets Hinke had acquired.

47 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Wheres the comparsion? Please tell me where the fucking comparison is you dumb, illiterate fuck.

It's called "reading between the lines" Simple Jake.....

rns90   
2 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

And even if Boogie and George go to LA next summer they won't be close to competing with the Rockets or the Warriors. Or even the Spurs.

The Spurs are REALLY OLD though.  And their FO has been overrated for a while.

26 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The Spurs are REALLY OLD though.  And their FO has been overrated for a while.

Of course I'm assuming that Kawhi does come back next season, they've gone 35-21 without him for all but 9 games this season.

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Of course I'm assuming that Kawhi does come back next season, they've gone 35-21 without him for all but 9 games this season.

Of course he'll be back next season. They won't trade him and his contract goes through 2019.

Simple who? Simple you!

You show complete ignorance every time you talk about any team or player that has nothing to do with HOU.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:21 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Of course he'll be back next season. They won't trade him and his contract goes through 2019.

Back from his injury you fool.....:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We'll no shit. He'll be back this year from his injury. So why would any idiot say he'd be back from this current injury next year?

I guess you're an expert on injuries now too. They have not made any indications that he will be back this year, he's not even close right now.

I see some comparison between Fultz and Ball.    Fultz lost his shot and confidence alongside an injury.   Meanwhile Ball proved his unorthodox shot would not play in the NBA, and his shot sucks as well as his confidence.   The difference is the Sixers are playing for the playoffs, while the Lakers are not.  So Ball continues to play (when healthy) with his horrible shot, and Fultz isn't.    Long term they both need to fix their shot to be good NBA players.  Ball less so, since he is better at rebounding and passing.   They both have a lot of work to do in the meantime, as it's no simple process to change your shot and be successful.

At least the Lakers did not give up an extra first to get Ball.   

In regards to the process, the Lakers did not start their process off in as bad of a situation.   The Sixers have not hit on all their high picks, but they are in a much better place than the Lakers.    There is not a single player the Lakers would not trade straight up for Embiid or Simmons.   The SIxers have the potential to be very good soon, while the Lakers have to pray they can hit big in free agency.       

12 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I guess you're an expert on injuries now too. They have not made any indications that he will be back this year, he's not even close right now.

Pop said he expects him to be back this year.

Thats good enough for me.

But I see you're the expert.