Sign in to follow this  
code

Titans Needs Prioritized - Offense

Soxcat   
11 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Pass protection is much more essential than run blocking.

I agree that he’ll be somewhat of a liability in a zone scheme, but I’m simply not interested in overpaying for an FA guard or using at top 50 pick on one. If we go that route I’ll be fine, but it’s not optimal in my opinion.

Kline will be underwhelming in a zone scheme, but I think he’s athletic enough to not be a total liability. He wasn’t awful at pulling. He can move laterally as long as we are attacking teams by spreading them out and letting the center help him out a bit as well as the tackle on stretch and OZ left in tandem with a TE. Just my opinion. We’ll see how it shakes out. 

I think Kline will be fine in a zone scheme.  Better than he was in a power scheme.  He is our best pulling line man and actually rarely misses his block in space.  That shows he can be athletic enough to zone block as well.  The main thing he has an issue with is a guy who is bigger and stronger and bull rushes him or trying to move people at the point.  He is a pretty good pass protector which is very important.  More important than run blocking.  

japan   
12 hours ago, headhunter said:

I mean we all want a great pass rusher but at 25 will be tough. Morgan and Po are the starters next year and are still good players without showing signs of slowing down. If we lose Williamson theres some ILBs that can be had after the first round this year that can just play 2 downs like he did. And Wallace is coming back too so he can play both LB spots. I think Rb is more of a problem and it affects the whole team when we're not running the ball.

Guard, I dunno. Both of our guys are solid, they are not terrible like Amano or Levitre were, and i wouldnt waste the 25th pick on one and not upgrade the other guard spot. Id rather resign pur guards and draft Jones's replacement at center in the third round.

I heard Mike Detillier say that if the Titans want an edge rusher at 25, they may have to role the dice on a guy who has some off-the-field question marks like LSU's Arden Key.

Soxcat   

That is typical of the #25 pick in almost any draft.  Edge rushers are in high demand with a limited supply.  But with that said there are always guys who can be found like TJ Watt who was picked #30 by the Steelers.  I doubt JRob is going to reach nor is he going to take any players that are head cases. 

GLinks   

At least we’re in the part of the draft where trading down should be a definite option. ILB, G/C, etc., are positions Robinson can likely still get one of those top players with a trade down.

JR has traded several times just in these past few drafts. Definitely can't rule out the possibility of a trade up or down from 25. Trade down is probably more likely. Some team could try to jump back into the late 1 to get a QB if one falls considering the depth.

I'm starting to think trade down is the best scenario. There's no one who I think will be there at 25 that really excites me.

Adams   
5 hours ago, GLinks said:

At least we’re in the part of the draft where trading down should be a definite option. ILB, G/C, etc., are positions Robinson can likely still get one of those top players with a trade down.

Very true!  Someone might want to jump Jax to get a QB like Lamar Jackson.  Normally their are around 20 players with first round grades on them.  Not much of difference from player ranked 25 and player ranked 35.  Both have a second round grade on them.

Soxcat   

Certainly if JRob has a guy he really likes but thinks he can get him a few picks later he would want to trade down.  Especially if the trade partner is going for a position we don't have an interest in.  Someone wanting to come up for a QB would be an ideal scenario. 

The Saints (27), Vikings (29) and Jags (30) could all be interested in a QB left on the board when they pick.   The Giants might also be in play if they don't take a QB earlier. 

Huston   
9 hours ago, socaltitan said:

JR has traded several times just in these past few drafts. Definitely can't rule out the possibility of a trade up or down from 25. Trade down is probably more likely. Some team could try to jump back into the late 1 to get a QB if one falls considering the depth.

I'm starting to think trade down is the best scenario. There's no one who I think will be there at 25 that really excites me.

We are in a great spot for that scenario, lots of good players in the second and third rounds.

nine   

Iowa RB Akrum Wadley is the guy who really intrigues me as a potential mid-round candidate;  I honestly like him better than several guys who are being touted as potential first- or second-round  candidates.  

Wadley is a very explosive and elusive runner with a knack for making the first defender whiff, and he's also quite effective as a receiver. His biggest negative is his decidedly subpar pass protection...which is a pretty significant shortcoming.  But as a ball handler and playmaking threat, he's the real deal.

Huston   
37 minutes ago, nine said:

Iowa RB Akrum Wadley is the guy who really intrigues me as a potential mid-round candidate;  I honestly like him better than several guys who are being touted as potential first- or second-round  candidates.  

Wadley is a very explosive and elusive runner with a knack for making the first defender whiff, and he's also quite effective as a receiver. His biggest negative is his decidedly subpar pass protection...which is a pretty significant shortcoming.  But as a ball handler and playmaking threat, he's the real deal.

We already have this guy his name is Muhammed.