Titans Needs Prioritized - Offense

code

46 minutes ago, Huston said:

I'm hoping for Ronald Jones, perfect zone runner but would probably take our second rounder to get him though.

big fan of Ronald Jones, might be a bit dicey hoping he makes it all the way to pick 57, have seen quite a few analysts thinking he is the 2nd best RB in this class and expect him to go late in the first round.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is this board's fascination with Fluellen? It makes no sense to me

All may be true, but if the board works out right, linebackers are for me the Titans position of greatest need, both inside and outside.

You're leaving out maybe the most important factor in contract negotiations: the agent. Marcus' contract will be heavily influenced by what his agent tells him to take.    Now that being sai

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

big fan of Ronald Jones, might be a bit dicey hoping he makes it all the way to pick 57, have seen quite a few analysts thinking he is the 2nd best RB in this class and expect him to go late in the first round.

I think Kerryon Johnson is more a possibility in the second

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I think Kerryon Johnson is more a possibility in the second

will be really interesting how the RB's come off the board in late april, there is no doubt this is a very deep talented group, wouldn't be surprised if teams address other needs in the 1st round and then there is a run on RB's in the early/mid 2nd round.

being at 57 is a tough spot, could be in a situation where the top 5 RB's are off the board by the time we are on the clock in the 2nd round.

i'm hoping we just sign Dion Lewis and then RB isn't a concern in the first 4-5 rounds of the draft.

22 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think him being around 200 will drop him though.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

Spotrac estimates his market value at 10.2M

Yeah that's retarded. 

He is no where near the caliber of player they compare him to when doing that calculation. He's a borderline starter. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Yeah that's retarded. 

He is no where near the caliber of player they compare him to when doing that calculation. He's a borderline starter. 

He’s barely even a mid level starter. He’s solid in pass protection. He helps out on double teams pretty well. I think he’ll be solid in a zone scheme, but if someone wants to pay him that kind of money then we should congratulate his agent for being an excellent negotiator while laughing at the team he signs with. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

I like the idea of the team taking a back with speed who can also be a 3 down back.  Like all of you, have seen Henry run with purpose but it has been hit or miss.  More often during the first 2 years, he has run soft.  Also, his tendency to run outside whenever he does not see a clear lane is just not smart.  By now, he should know he does not have enough lateral quickness to do that.  Henry should play like Blount from the Eagles; he should never have a negative run and a 180 pound corner should never be able to take him down in the backfield for a loss.  Also, beyond me why he has missed so many blocks in the backfield during passing downs.  At least 4 plays last year where he went to the wrong blocking assignment  or just missed the block resulting in Mariota being flattened.   

Actually think Murray is a better fit for the new offense than Henry.  Better pass blocker and runs better routes with better hands.  Part of what made the Rams successful last year was Gurley being both a run (1300 yards)  and pass  (almost 800 yards) catch threat.  As the new offensive coordinator says they want to be able to run/pass out of the same formation to keep the D guessing and that is kind of defeated when you have a back who is only used for running situations and another for passing downs.  Someone like Barkley/Gurley who can do both is the ideal.  

Edited by LOhunter

33 minutes ago, ctm said:

From what I saw Klein gets very little, if any, movement in the run game.  I'd upgrade with a draft pick.

We won’t really need movement in a zone scheme. We will need guys who can consistently keep a hat on a hat while moving laterally. I think Kline fits well enough if the price is right. IWe have too many holes on defense to go OG in round one unless the guy is by far the best guy on the board, and I’d rather not go into the season with a third or fourth round pick as the starter in a brand new scheme. 

The Titans have postseason talent.  This has been proven two years running.  We can add players, but we also have to get more out of the post season talent already on the roster to take the next step.  JRob mentioned this a few times at the season's end.  It's a must that draft picks contribute big, particularly in their second and third years.

Davis everybody wants more from, but he was injured.  I have no problem seeing him as a legit #1.  One player I would like to see breakout is Taywan Taylor.  I think he's the kind of receiver who could put up good numbers and make the Titans more lethal by demanding attention.  We have to be able to hurt teams every where on the field.

Can Henry learn pass pro?  Have they ever come out and said he wasn't mentally capable of taking on the rest of what's needed to play the position in the NFL?  He sure never had to block in HS and probably wasn't asked to do much at Alabama.  If he is capable, then we are set.  The need for a great change of pace back becomes getting a good change of pace back.

The OL I leave to everybody else.  I don't prefer it, but the best value in the first might be a G.  I want Smith or Vea. :)  But I know Christmas is in December.  I think it's too high for the Titans to take a RB.

Jonnu Smith needs to be smart and have velcro hands.  I am not sure that's going to happen.

If these things start to happen, we can add just solid players.  Get older vets who may not have a full game left, but can come in for a series or a few games so the team doesn't miss a beat.

With us switching to a zone blocking scheme, how important is a guard?  I guess what I’m asking, is this a position we need to upgrade?

Andy Levitre went to Atlanta and played well in their scheme.  He was awful in our power run scheme.