code

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is this board's fascination with Fluellen? It makes no sense to me

All may be true, but if the board works out right, linebackers are for me the Titans position of greatest need, both inside and outside.

You're leaving out maybe the most important factor in contract negotiations: the agent. Marcus' contract will be heavily influenced by what his agent tells him to take.    Now that being sai

5 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I'm pretty sure I saw @Justafan say he isn't impressed with Succop and would move on.

I'd love to see Sony Michel as a Titan, but I think Alvin Kamara's huge season is going to help him get drafted a lot earlier than he probably should be. Not sure he's as talented as Kamara. Want to watch a lot of film on him in the coming weeks.

Michel will rock your socks. He is complete.

top 20 pick

”book it”

7 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I'm pretty sure I saw @Justafan say he isn't impressed with Succop and would move on.

I'd love to see Sony Michel as a Titan, but I think Alvin Kamara's huge season is going to help him get drafted a lot earlier than he probably should be. Not sure he's as talented as Kamara. Want to watch a lot of film on him in the coming weeks.

going to be interesting how the race to be the 2nd RB off the board plays out, pretty much no doubt Saquon Barkley will be the first RB taken, unless he blows an ACL between now and the draft.

have seen many analysts shift Ronald Jones into their number 2 RB spot recently.

may come down to individual team preference in how this cluster of RB start flying off the board

Ronald Jones

Derrius Guice

Kerryon Johnson

Sony Michel

Nick Chubb

wouldn't be at all shocked if those 6 RB's (including Barkley) are gone in the first 50 picks.

17 minutes ago, code said:

All may be true, but if the board works out right, linebackers are for me the Titans position of greatest need, both inside and outside.

Would not be upset at all if our few picks went towards the front 7, which would drastically improve our secondary as well

Round 1: Vita Vea NT  

Round 2:  Dorance Armstrong Jr. Edge 

Round 3: Tegray Scales ILB 

That would allow us to grab OG, RB depth and other depth positions in rounds 4-7

Edited by Tomachek

Upgrading team speed ... LB, WR, RB, DE.

Finding quality depth ... QB, OT

Resigning ... Jones, Succop

Extending ... Lewan, Spain

After looking at it all, that's my priority list. And while I recognize I am in a minority of 1, I wouldn't be disappointed in resigning Williamson. We know who he is. Brown is a great sub for him on pass downs. And Woodyard is towards the end. 

40 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Not really true.  Turned out the guys we needed happened to be high on the list of BPA.  There is a strategy you have to use in the draft which takes into consideration the depth of each position.  Like taking Adoree, a real good pick instead of Lattimore earlier (hindsight is sure 20-20).  He saw Davis as a special talent and the top WR.  How he works out is another thing but again, JRob didn't see that as a reach.  He really thinks he is getting a #1 WR and we shall see.  Guys like that don't grow on trees. 

Now, rewind to Jamal Adams.  Another guy who could be arguably a Titan.  Did he have a pro-bowl year?  Not really.  People jump to conclusions on these guys after one season.  The thought is that Davis wasn't a good pick.  We simply do not know that yet. 

Go back and look at the first three rounds of 16 and 17 drafts.  Were you surprised at the position we drafted?  The only surprise for me was the drafting of wr in the third round in 17.  I’m not saying anywhere bad picks...just none felt like BPA.  BPA at position of greatest need.

1 hour ago, Adams said:

Go back and look at the first three rounds of 16 and 17 drafts.  Were you surprised at the position we drafted?  The only surprise for me was the drafting of wr in the third round in 17.  I’m not saying anywhere bad picks...just none felt like BPA.  BPA at position of greatest need.

Agree with this. There was a need based element to it.

And JR also telegraphed this with his FA moves. 2 years ago, we traded for Murray, signed Ben Jones, Rishard but nothing linking us at all to any of the FA OT cuz JR was targeting OT in the draft.

Same thing happened last year. JR set up what he was going to do in the draft with his FA moves. No mention at all of us going after a FA WR. We saw what happened. When we signed Ryan, I thought JR was likely to try to bookend that signing with a 1st round CB.

So I'd look out for what JR does or doesn't do in FA. That will say a lot about what our draft might be.

I think its pretty clear JR was targeting an OT in his first draft. Whether that's need or BPA at a need position I really don't care.

JR didn't go after any of the OT in FA despite having Poutasi and Bell. Can't remember if either were still on the roster at that point.

Then this past year, he doesn't go after any of the FA WR. A bunch of people wondered why we weren't even showing a smidge of interest in Pryor, Garcon, Jeffery, etc. I think its pretty clear JR was telegraphing a WR move whether that was 5 or 18 or a trade up/down.

I liked OJ Howard and Adams lot, but it was pretty clear we weren't interested in either. You don't spend a top 5 pick on a S if you already spent big FA money on Cyprien, not to mention having Byard as the other starter. That's bad resource allocation.

And it was pretty clear they never wanted Howard. Each time PK asked about TE, JR and Mularkey responses were very lukewarm. It became real real clear to me we weren't taking TE at the pre-draft press conference when JR strongly implied that they liked the TE depth, which ended up turning into Jonnu.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Sure, go back and look.  Conklin was just all-pro his first season.  You going to argue he wasn't BPA?  Dodd, Johnson and Henry were all solid picks at three different positions.  And Byard?  Not BPA when he is also all-pro?  Again, Corey Davis was the stud WR we needed.  Argue all you want a SS or something might have been better but there is no way to really know.  

Here is the mentality.  You have all these guys at different positions and people think it is always easy to select out of that group the BPA.  Really?  How about the fact teams miss ALL THE TIME and the better players are selected later.  ALL THE TIME.  Byard is an all-pro S this year.  Why wasn't he taken in the top of the 1st round.  All those teams missed out on BPA when they passed on him?

And what is more valuable?  A real good SS or a real good WR?  It is possible both those guys at those positions could be of comparable value. Or better yet, what if the Jags passed on Fournette?  He was higher ranked than anyone left on the board.  Do we just take him?  Heck, taking Adams would be a position of need.  OJ Howard was rated higher than Davis.  Should we have taken him at 5?  Or should we have taken Hooker at #5 with Byard on the roster?  Maybe.  But you get the idea.  Hooker was rated higher than Lattimore.  The facts are these guys aren't that much different anyone can really know if this FS is better than this SS or this CB or this WR.  

I think you missed my point.  I’m not saying any of our picks were bad picks...we were not at a point where we could select BPA talent wise.  All I’m saying is that everyone on this board knew we were picking an OT in ‘16 and everyone knew we needed a wr and secondary help in ‘17.  Our draft align nicely with our biggest needs.