• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's when we knew this would happen:     

Posted Images

I think I like McDaniels more now than I already did for fucking the Colts. Ballard looks like an incompetent idiot for signing assistants and not the guy hiring them. My prediction: Toub or Kris Richard is the next HC.

Edited by AvgJoe

@tgosince we've been talking scheme lately 2 defensive assistants actually went ahead & signed with Indy, assuming it was a done deal....Matt Eberflus as DC & Mike Phair as DL coach. Eberflus was the LBer coach under Rod Marinelli, which you mentioned about a month ago, and Phair was the DL coach at Illinois, where Lovie Smith is the HC.

Marinelli & Lovie are probably the 2 most staunch Tampa 2 guys now that Monte Kiffin is a 173 years old & I believe retired. It looks like McDaniels was going to run the Tampa 2, which makes sense since he supposedly wanted Schwartz as his DC if he was hired in 2016. Schwartz doesn't quite run the Tampa 2 but it's a very similar D, based on a 4 man rush, interior DL shooting gaps, dropping back into zone, etc. 

Anyway, the Colts D as it is now has a lot of work ahead of them personnel wise. They've been running a multiple 3-4 for years. Two of their best players last year were Al Woods (seriously) & Jonathan Hankins, both pure 2 gap run stuffers. The edge rushers are Jabaal Sheard, whose pretty good but more of an effort power rusher, and John Simon whose meh.

They do have he secondary though , with Malik Hooker, a perfect FS for it,and Rahsaan Melvin is a nice corner.

But man, that front 7 needs a lot of work to run that D. Actually Margus Hunt was a pretty nice interior rusher. It would be ideal for them to pick Maurice Hurst, the prototype 3 tech, but the Luck injury may preclude that.