Thoughts on Nick Foles

terradawg

Foles has shown his value, he'll get another chance-if I'm him I happily take the back up job for a season as opposed to leaving the Eagles system and ending up in a bad situation. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

The Eagles wouldn't have won the SB if they didn't have Foles to backup Wentz. That's why you keep Foles, especially with Wentz still recovering unless someone does something outrageous and offers a 1.

I feel as if just a 1 wouldn’t be near enough. 

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I was actually going to post that Wentz couldn't have played any better the last two weeks than Foles did

I still wouldn't trust Foles over a season though

It’s amazing how good a guy can look when the system has guys running wide open all game. Foles made some great throws but let’s not kid ourselves. Peterson and Defilippo deserve the credit. 

5 minutes ago, japan said:

It’s amazing how good a guy can look when the system has guys running wide open all game. Foles made some great throws but let’s not kid ourselves. Peterson and Defilippo deserve the credit. 

Foles made 2 incredible throws on the tds to Jeffery and Clements. He also hit the wheel route in stride numerous times. Dont get me wrong the scheme is great, Foles was as well.

31 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It does if the comp is right. His value will never be higher.

I think you have to hold onto him until Wentz gets further along in recovery. Is a late 2nd or early 3rd worth having Nate Sudfeld potentially as your QB to start the season? 

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Foles made 2 incredible throws on the tds to Jeffery and Clements. He also hit the wheel route in stride numerous times. Dont get me wrong the scheme is great, Foles was as well.

Foles was slinging the ball. He had several impressive throws last night. Philly does have a QB friendly offense but so do several other teams around the NFL. At the end of the day you still have to make the throw and he did that all game.

2 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I think you have to hold onto him until Wentz gets further along in recovery. Is a late 2nd or early 3rd worth having Nate Sudfeld potentially as your QB to start the season? 

A 2nd isnt high enough in my opinion. I'm curious what the market will be for him.

System or not Foles was amazing last night and comparing him to Flacco is laughable, it was Anquan Boldin who dominated that game.

Don't be surprised if Foles starts the next season and doesn't let go. If I had to trade one or the other I'd kiss Wentz goodbye. They'd probably get less for Wentz coming off injury than Foles anyway.

7 minutes ago, JNew said:

System or not Foles was amazing last night and comparing him to Flacco is laughable, it was Anquan Boldin who dominated that game.

Don't be surprised if Foles starts the next season and doesn't let go. If I had to trade one or the other I'd kiss Wentz goodbye. They'd probably get less for Wentz coming off injury than Foles anyway.

CLE would probably pay big money for Wentz now that Mr Moneyball is gone.