Realistically who do you want at 25?

kyle021

Goddamn dudes, I don't know 97 percent of the names brought up in this thread. BUT......

21 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

I think if James/Harrison slip to 25 we have to pull the trigger even if we have Cyprien.

Why should we hope to draft a James OR a Harrison when we can easily sign a whole James Harrison for peanuts in free agency?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Help those of us that don’t follow NCAA. Please post position with names. 

someone with a high motor and excels on special teams

JR 1st round picks so far have been very need based, so whatever he thinks is our biggest need is what I think he'll try to do. And I think he would like to find someone who could start right away, wh

4 hours ago, ctm said:

This is 2018.  The titans don't have a top 10 pick.  They are at #25.

So how is Warmack relevant to our current decision?

I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on a G whether it's pick 1 or pick 32

As far as Warmack being relevant to our current decision he's not. Had we not taken him, I'd still feel that way about a G. Knowing we took him just mitigates it and makes it worse.

Edited by socaltitan

8 hours ago, socaltitan said:

If they traded down and took one of those guys I'd be more open to it. I wonder if there's even a possibility of it being an OT they can kick inside to G. Wynn could do that and there are others as well. Some teams have done that. Brandon Scherff and Justin Pugh come to mind. I believe Osemele started as an OT.

That way, you have someone who can potentially play Conklin's spot while he recovers or if there's another injury in the future to Conk or Lewan. Just gives you more versatility and options with how you want to shuffle the line.

Pugh is going to be available in FA unlesss I missed his re-signing, but what I really wonder is if Hernandez is good enough to pose as Conklin for a while then slide inside. 

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

if JRob wants Leonard he will probably need to take him in the second round (pick 57), not sure he would still be there at pick 89

It’ll be great to see how he projects as the process unfolds. I’m really pulling for this guy. It’s stupid to do this this early, but I’m shaky on whether or not he’s around at 57. There’s going to be a division of ILBs in this draft that begins early. This is why a trade down could give Robinson room to maneuver.

17 hours ago, Supdawg said:

Picking at 25 really sucks. We need an impact guy and we definitely won't be able to get a blue chip player that late. 

We drafted Jackson at 18. He’s one of the best athletes in the NFL and showed it. 25 isn’t that much different. 

6 hours ago, socaltitan said:

I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on a G whether it's pick 1 or pick 32

As far as Warmack being relevant to our current decision he's not. Had we not taken him, I'd still feel that way about a G. Knowing we took him just mitigates it and makes it worse.

Was it just that year or would you also dismiss the selection of Munchak? Bruce Mathews started as an LT I believe but played everywhere eventually.

Others dismiss the selection of an interior OL because you can get a guy 6' 4" and 308 lbs "later". Well, yeah and you can also find a guy 6' 2" and 235 lbs "later" to play ILB.

Most importantly, pick the guy who can play. You can always get some guy "later" regardless of position. However, our best sustained years were when we had a dominant OL. In his press conference, Pat Shurmur said that the beginnings of a great team begin with the OL.

I still can't figure out how we went from a high-functioning unit to a low-functioning one in just one off-season with no change in personnel. 

Edited by charleytolar

There is not many ILB in this draft.  The Ga kid and him.  The Ga kid is a top ten pick........Vrable I am told wants more cerebral LBer's than the speed guy.  If that is true I dont see Leonard moving up.  He is very fast and instinctual and has Telvin Smith measurables.  The best news is the QB's.  We need 5 or 6 to go anddo not be surprised if TN moves out for somebody wanting a QB who has dropped.  That is a very real possibility at 24.  People forget many QBs are taken 22-32 in years where somebody drops.  This Cousins deal is, if he gets tagged with throw a monkey wrench into the mix for sure.  I also think McCarron  is going to be sought after too in FA.........

I'd love to have Derwin paired with Byard, even though we'd have to move up, but I can't see cutting Cyp after just one year.  I'm hopeful guys like him and Dodd will benefit from the new staff.

We need to get to the QB, period.  Ideally the line, so LB's can drop back.  So whoever best fits that role.  I'm not picky, but our first pick has to be defense.

Dodd reminds me of Vrable and Ninkovich as players.  Good skill sets that have gone un used properly.  One more thing.......if BB lets Malcolm Butler walk I go after him in a big way.  He'd be my top target in FA.  

Edited by Bongo59