Robert Brazile up for HOF vote Saturday

Little Earl

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably last chance for an Oiler to make the hall of fame.   Dr. Doom most definitely deserves it.    Oilers will have 4 HOFers from the Luv Ya Blue era - Earl Campbell, Elvin Bethea, Curly Culp, and

Brazile sportin' the Bum buckle...        

Would definitely bring a tear to my eye to see Robert walk out on that stage Saturday night.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, JNew said:

Never seen Brazile play before. Definitely looks like an original LT.

When you can throw guys on the ground with your bare hands standing up you're a strong mother fucker.

Bingo!

Bum Phillips didn't get enough credit as a defensive guru who was one of the first HCs to implement the 3-4 in the NFL. Parcells, LT and the Giants were five years behind Bum and Brazile.

https://taylorblitztimes.com/tag/bum-phillips/

3 hours ago, Btowner said:

Bingo!

Bum Phillips didn't get enough credit as a defensive guru who was one of the first HCs to implement the 3-4 in the NFL. Parcells, LT and the Giants were five years behind Bum and Brazile.

https://taylorblitztimes.com/tag/bum-phillips/

Reading that reminded me again how bogus I thought it was for Bud and company to trade Pastorini to the Raiders, then have Stabler come to the Oilers as QB.  Pastorini (even though he was hurt and beat up) got the best of that trade though, when the Raiders went on to win the Super Bowl the next year.  He deserved a SB ring for that shit. ;)  One mo' time, fuck you Bud Adams!

Just now, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

Reading that reminded me again how bogus I thought it was for Bud and company to trade Pastorini to the Raiders, then have Stabler come to the Oilers as QB.  Pastorini (even though he was hurt and beat up) got the best of that trade though, when the Raiders went on to win the Super Bowl the next year.  He deserved a SB ring for that shit. ;)  One mo' time, fuck you Bud Adams!

Speaking of Stabler, after watching Pastorini for years stand in the pocket and take a beating. With the Oilers, every time the rush got close to Stabler, he would drop like he was shot. Years later, we realized the guy was probably playing with a hangover. He spent most Saturday nights in a bar.