Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

Whose our backup QB in ‘18?

Recommended Posts

scine09   

I'd want Bridgewater but he's likely too expensive.

 

Who is still fairly young and has experience in the Shanahan/McVay/LaFleur type offense that they're going to run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   

Tom Savage and Ryan Mallet strike me as likely possibilities. Geno Smith probably has the most talent of the backups who will be available.

 

Kessler is a good trade option if JROB could pull it off. I would want him in camp for the full off season and not wait for him to be cut.

 

Personally, a draft pick is probably the best option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will likely be a vet and then next year is the year that they will bring in their own guy to be a backup.

 

The logic behind this is they will want to focus 100% of their teaching efforts on Mariota this offseason then next year they can spend some time teaching a rookie how to be a pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wtenn   

It's not going to matter.  Under the new offensive leadership, Mariota will thrive and not get injured.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

JRob will find us an adequate backup. I bet the only reason we kept Cassel last year was Mularkey.

LOL what moronic thinking, every good personnel decision was because JRob and every single bad one was because Mularkey.

 

Mariota had no offseason, they (including JRob) wanted a guy that knew the offense. It's as simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

LOL what moronic thinking, every good personnel decision was because JRob and every single bad one was because Mularkey.

 

Mariota had no offseason, they (including JRob) wanted a guy that knew the offense. It's as simple as that.

elementary straw-man argument, your must think we are morons to try such childish logic, go back to bullying the kindergarten, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol at this thread. i stopped reading the OP at locker. our dumb ass franchise drafted locker in the top 10 after he finished his college career with 54% accuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

elementary straw-man argument, your must think we are morons to try such childish logic, go back to bullying the kindergarten, maybe.

Dude, your only argument you made was that it must have been Mularkey that made the bad decision. Great point you had yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle021   
4 hours ago, terradawg said:

lol at this thread. i stopped reading the OP at locker. our dumb ass franchise drafted locker in the top 10 after he finished his college career with 54% accuracy.

Locker would make a good backup QB. It’s more of a “try out”

 

i already said said I want Daniel to be our backup. That’s my big target. Pay the man to be our backup. He’s suited perfect for the offense and is surrounded by major talent and an OC who will scheme him wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle021   
7 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It will likely be a vet and then next year is the year that they will bring in their own guy to be a backup.

 

The logic behind this is they will want to focus 100% of their teaching efforts on Mariota this offseason then next year they can spend some time teaching a rookie how to be a pro.

This is a valid point. 

 

Bring in Daniel and use our 4th rounder on a DL/LB

 

I still think if Falk is in our lap at our pick in 4 we are dumb not to pull the trigger. It’s not like we won’t have an assistant who can work with his mechanics and have Daniel teach him?

 

i wonder if Cassel has interest in coaching. 

 

Hell, Orlovsky seems intelligent. I would consider him as a QB coach assistant. He seems to have a future in coaching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dinx81   

Bridgewater is going to start somewhere. Oustide of the draft id probably take Kessler. What ever happened to Aaron Murray? Does he suck that bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×