• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cody Kessler will be available. For a conditional 7. That can be the 3rd qb

I don’t care as long as it’s not Matt “Noodle Arm” Cassel

"Crazy" would be generous.

Tom Savage and Ryan Mallet strike me as likely possibilities. Geno Smith probably has the most talent of the backups who will be available.

Kessler is a good trade option if JROB could pull it off. I would want him in camp for the full off season and not wait for him to be cut.

Personally, a draft pick is probably the best option.

It will likely be a vet and then next year is the year that they will bring in their own guy to be a backup.

The logic behind this is they will want to focus 100% of their teaching efforts on Mariota this offseason then next year they can spend some time teaching a rookie how to be a pro.

15 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

JRob will find us an adequate backup. I bet the only reason we kept Cassel last year was Mularkey.

LOL what moronic thinking, every good personnel decision was because JRob and every single bad one was because Mularkey.

Mariota had no offseason, they (including JRob) wanted a guy that knew the offense. It's as simple as that.

29 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

LOL what moronic thinking, every good personnel decision was because JRob and every single bad one was because Mularkey.

Mariota had no offseason, they (including JRob) wanted a guy that knew the offense. It's as simple as that.

elementary straw-man argument, your must think we are morons to try such childish logic, go back to bullying the kindergarten, maybe.

15 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

elementary straw-man argument, your must think we are morons to try such childish logic, go back to bullying the kindergarten, maybe.

Dude, your only argument you made was that it must have been Mularkey that made the bad decision. Great point you had yourself!

4 hours ago, terradawg said:

lol at this thread. i stopped reading the OP at locker. our dumb ass franchise drafted locker in the top 10 after he finished his college career with 54% accuracy.

Locker would make a good backup QB. It’s more of a “try out”

i already said said I want Daniel to be our backup. That’s my big target. Pay the man to be our backup. He’s suited perfect for the offense and is surrounded by major talent and an OC who will scheme him wins. 

7 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It will likely be a vet and then next year is the year that they will bring in their own guy to be a backup.

The logic behind this is they will want to focus 100% of their teaching efforts on Mariota this offseason then next year they can spend some time teaching a rookie how to be a pro.

This is a valid point. 

Bring in Daniel and use our 4th rounder on a DL/LB

I still think if Falk is in our lap at our pick in 4 we are dumb not to pull the trigger. It’s not like we won’t have an assistant who can work with his mechanics and have Daniel teach him?

i wonder if Cassel has interest in coaching. 

Hell, Orlovsky seems intelligent. I would consider him as a QB coach assistant. He seems to have a future in coaching