Gimme a perfect album

Supernope

1 minute ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

I actually felt a little bad for Heart that night.  They made some good music in their day, but everyone there got drowned out by Rush finally getting into the RnRHoF.  Kinda wish Heart would have gotten in at another time. lol

The RRHOF did it to themselves, Rolling Stone punished Rush for not doing any interviews, they pushed the induction back 14 years, the fans just got more and more restless, signing long petition lists. Then in 2013, they lined up and made the trip to LA to basically tell them "up yours". Heart just happened to be at the same induction. Saw Heart do Stairway to Heaven live, was amazing, Anne Wilson, a voice for the ages.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cat Stevens: Tea for the Tillerman Elton John: Tumbleweed Connection Joni Mitchell: Blue Carole King: Tapestry James Taylor: Sweet Baby James   God, I miss good music! 

Appetite for Destruction The Wall

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

Saw Heart do Stairway to Heaven live, was amazing, Anne Wilson, a voice for the ages

Remember seeing them do the tribute to Led Zep.  Looked like Plant and Page enjoyed it.  Obama too! :P 

Edited by TitanedUpSince'70

1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

Here's what the fans think of the "music establishment" wait until the end....HBO edited the applause from their broadcast but we have youtube!   

Goddamn! I only like a handful of Rush songs, but I respect the shit out of those dudes. All 3 are amazing musicians, it's just a shame that Geddy Lee's voice sounds like swamp ass smells.

As for the topic, sadly, there is no perfect album. But, if I had to choose only one album to listen to for the rest of my life it would probably be Avenged Sevenfold's "Waking the Fallen."  I fucking loathe the metalcore genre and this was Avenged's last metalcore album. The vocals (outside of the cliche' metalcore screams) are very good. But, the guitars, and the drums on that album are fucking amazing.

1 hour ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

Remember seeing them do the tribute to Led Zep.  Looked like Plant and Page enjoyed it.  Obama too! :P 

That's what's so disappointing about Heart currently. I'd consider seeing them live (if the tickets were free and the concert was next door) if most of their set wasn't covers (mostly Led Zeppelin.) They have more than enough solid material to carry a full headliner spot, but they opt to go the covers route.....Shit, give me a solid hour and a half of "Barracuda." That riff is a fucking monster.

Music is so subjective and there different albums for different moods.  Here are a few that I love.

Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon (when I want my brain to escape)

Foo Fighters-The Color and the Shape (when I want to energize)

Miles Davis-Kind of Blue (when I want to chill)

Prince-1999 (when I want everything) My first and favorite Prince album. Haters just don't understand the brilliance and the concept of it all.

I am at my happiest when the wife and kids are gone so I can sit in the sweet spot of my system, have a "few of something", turn it up, and let my mind go.

Wow - so many

These albums are absolute pure perfection (no throwaways).  Multiple albums for a given artist are separated by commas. There are great albums not on this list because although great, they are not perfect.

Every album by The Beatles from Rubber Soul onwards (but also include A Hard Day's Night)

Blue, Hejira - Joni Mitchell

Welcome to My Nightmare - Alice Cooper

Child is Father to the Man - Blood Sweat and Tears

Uncensored Movie Soundtrack - Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Time and a Word - Yes

Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, Wish You Were Here, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, The Wall - Pink Floyd

Manassas - Manassas (note: double album!!!)

Ram - Paul McCartney

Straight Up, No Dice - Badfinger

Super Fly - Curtis Mayfield

Innervisions, Songs in the Key of Life, Talking Book - Stevie Wonder

Graham Central Station - Graham Central Station

Mothership Connection - Parliament

Hotel California - The Eagles

Let It Bleed - The Rolling Stones

Machine Gun - The Commodores

Tumbleweed Connection - Elton John

A Salty Dog  - Procol Harum

American Beauty, Wake of the Flood, Terrapin Station - Grateful Dead

The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle - Bruce Springsteen

Plastic Ono Band, Imagine - John Lennon

Tommy - The Who

Edited by Denali

2 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

Goddamn! I only like a handful of Rush songs, but I respect the shit out of those dudes. All 3 are amazing musicians, it's just a shame that Geddy Lee's voice sounds like swamp ass smells.

As for the topic, sadly, there is no perfect album. But, if I had to choose only one album to listen to for the rest of my life it would probably be Avenged Sevenfold's "Waking the Fallen."  I fucking loathe the metalcore genre and this was Avenged's last metalcore album. The vocals (outside of the cliche' metalcore screams) are very good. But, the guitars, and the drums on that album are fucking amazing.

Saw them backing up Metallica this past summer, good stuff.

They’re a bit emo but Brand New’s Deja Entendu and Jimmy Eat World’s Clarity I still listen to beginning to end nearly two decades later.  Gonna ape off Nator here but both the Blue Album and Pinkerton are up there too.  

Alkaline Trio’s Goddammit and Maybe I’ll Catch Fire are two more that I can listen to anytime anywhere.  

Edited by Mercalius