Titans to Hire Matt LaFleur for OC

tgo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the people who have been shitting on JRob and Vrabel need to stay silent. 

Okay maybe people can just calm the fuck down now?   Good job Vrabel.

Posted Images

These coordinator hires are outstanding. I preferred Flip, but honestly, part of that was because I viewed LaFleur as unrealistic. He is a top tier offensive coordinator. We truly could not have hoped for much better.

May Mariota and Henry play in 2018 like Goff and Gurley played in 2017.

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Note that La Fleur has worked in west coast systems not spreads and if he loves play action that means you have to establish a running game.

Every team tries to establish the run, but seeing as Mariota was top five in PA rating last year you would be wrong as always. 

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

Actually Watkins had closer to 600 yards and a respectable 15 YPC.  What I noticed about the Rams is they spread the ball around.  Obviously they used Gurley a bunch.  We really don't need one WR getting 1400 yards but about 5-6 players getting 600-800 yards.  Figure a TE, RB, couple of WRs and maybe someone else. 

Watkins has been a disappointment overall but then again maybe he can be brought in for a reasonable price tag.  Not a huge need but maybe I'd rather spend $6 mil on him and not sign Decker.  We would also have insurance if we did not retain Matthews after next year. 

I watched several of the rams games and they definitely spread the ball around.  Watkins was deadly in the red zone.  

I like the Lefleur hire, should start off hot as there is no game film on this play calling.  Down side the titans bought a pig in a poke as a play caller.