NashvilleNinja

Tom Brady's annoying little piss ant

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Appeal to authority. I don't have to have kids to understand a parent's protective nature. Brady was basically throwing around his weight with the station to get the guy fired, in spite of what he may be saying now, which is ridiculous considering how insignificant the guy's comments were.

An appropriate response would have been for Brady to maybe say something like "who's really the annoying little piss ant... my kid, who was being a kid, or some loser making snarky comments on late night radio?" No, it's the staged rage and appalled butthurt that won out. Clearly a byproduct of his task master wife.

For the record, Brady invited criticism of his family life when he decided to allow it to be filmed and broadcast on Facebook.

Sorry, you have no idea what you are talking about. Brady didn't do anything wrong. You would have to be a parent to understand.

Just now, oldschool said:

Brady didn't do anything wrong. You would have to be a parent to understand.

Parenthood is not some black box that can't possibly be understood unless it's experienced first hand. I know exactly how it feels to be protective of someone you love/care about. I'm not faulting Brady at all for feeling protective, but he's not beyond criticism for what he did threatening that guy's livelihood either. As a gainfully employed person yourself you should be able to understand that too.

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Parenthood is not some black box that can't possibly be understood unless it's experienced first hand. I know exactly how it feels to be protective of someone you love/care about. I'm not faulting Brady at all for feeling protective, but he's not beyond criticism for what he did threatening that guy's livelihood either. As a gainfully employed person yourself you should be able to understand that too.

He didn't threaten anyone jfc. And no, you can't understood parenthood without being a parent. The fact you think you can is proof you don't get it.

as a parent you also become understanding of people who aren't parents   you know they aren't gonna get it.

but at the same time most people know to bite their tongues when talking about another persons kids regardless of what those kids are doing.

I also want to know what the little girl did?

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

He didn't threaten anyone jfc.

He called into the show and said that he would be evaluating whether or not to continue with his weekly appearances. I'm sure that's a ratings grabber for the station. Considering that the guy has been suspended indefinitely do you still want to say his job wasn't threatened?

Bink   
Just now, NashvilleNinja said:

He called into the show and said that he would be evaluating whether or not to continue with his weekly appearances. I'm sure that's a ratings grabber for the station. Considering that the guy has been suspended indefinitely do you still want to say his job wasn't threatened?

Honestly, I think you are just wrong on this. Brady is definitely an asshole, but you have to realize how hard these guys try to protect their families and how much shit their families get in the media. I think Brady handled this pretty well. 

He had no obligation to call back in the next day and engage with them. Here are Brady's actual comments: 

Brady paused when asked if the remark -- in which Alex Reimer referred to his daughter, Vivian, as an "annoying little pissant" when discussing a Brady documentary called "Tom vs. Time" that is airing on Facebook -- hurt him and then said, "I just thought it was not very appropriate. ... Look, I think we all go through our life and sometimes we say things we shouldn't say or make mistakes, and that happens. I can express it and you move on."

Reimer, who is in his mid-20s and sometimes appears on the "Kirk & Callahan Show," made the disparaging remark about Brady's daughter on a different show last week.

Kirk Minihane, one of the hosts of the show, said on the air Monday that Reimer had been suspended for the entire Super Bowl week.

Asked about Reimer's suspension, Brady said he hoped Reimer isn't fired.

"I didn't hear too much about it. I didn't get into it much," Brady said at the Xcel Center. "I certainly hope the guy is not fired.

"I just know everybody is real protective of their kids. I never stayed away from criticism. I understand that criticism is part of sports. But I certainly don't think that my children or anybody else's children deserve to be in that. And that's what I said.''

How is any of this unreasonable? When you have a radio show it is your literal job to be careful about what you say. Brady definitely could have responded in a much harsher way. A lot of guys would have immediately ripped him, ripped the radio show and would have been done with it. A lot of guys would have outright got him fired. 

12 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

What exactly did the little girl do or say?

I don't know, I didn't watch the documentary. I don't know that it even matters though. Even if she was just being adorable or whatever, the radio guy's comments were inconsequential. From the little bit I heard they were made in passing, sort of matter-of-fact. He seemed like a douchebag for saying it, and if she was being more adorable then it just makes him a cantankerous ass, but I don't think he deserves to lose his job over it.

wtenn   

I watched the documentary clip.  All the little girl did was yell from the other room "Daddy, I am going to soccer."  When Brady didn't acknowledge her, she repeated herself two more times (getting louder each time) until acknowledged.  That was all, nothing more.  She did nothing wrong, only wanted some acknowledgement from her Dad.  If any super parent has the energy or expertise to curtail this type of thing, then more power to you.  Most of us in the real world know that in the pantheon of child misbehavior this isn't even on the radar. 

So, I am with Brady 100 % on this one.  The guy calling his daughter a pissant was uncalled for and offensive.  In fact, Brady would basically be a spineless amoeba to let this guy's remarks roll off his back without comment.  And in Brady's defense he has now stated that he hopes the guy doesn't lose his job. 

Edited by wtenn

Jonboy   
28 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He didn't threaten anyone jfc. And no, you can't understood parenthood without being a parent. The fact you think you can is proof you don't get it.

I would have argued vehemently against this before having kids...but you're 100% right. It's a feeling totally different than the way you feel about a friend/parent/spouse.

28 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

What exactly did the little girl do or say?

Dude...she's like 5. 

LOL anything other than this being nothing wrong just shows people bias against Brady, especially those that blindly go on the attack for anything Brady related and making fun of Giselle in the process too.

14 minutes ago, Bink said:

Honestly, I think you are just wrong on this. Brady is definitely an asshole, but you have to realize how hard these guys try to protect their families and how much shit their families get in the media. I think Brady handled this pretty well. 

He had no obligation to call back in the next day and engage with them. Here are Brady's actual comments: 

Brady paused when asked if the remark -- in which Alex Reimer referred to his daughter, Vivian, as an "annoying little pissant" when discussing a Brady documentary called "Tom vs. Time" that is airing on Facebook -- hurt him and then said, "I just thought it was not very appropriate. ... Look, I think we all go through our life and sometimes we say things we shouldn't say or make mistakes, and that happens. I can express it and you move on."

Reimer, who is in his mid-20s and sometimes appears on the "Kirk & Callahan Show," made the disparaging remark about Brady's daughter on a different show last week.

Kirk Minihane, one of the hosts of the show, said on the air Monday that Reimer had been suspended for the entire Super Bowl week.

Asked about Reimer's suspension, Brady said he hoped Reimer isn't fired.

-----

How is any of this unreasonable? When you have a radio show it is your literal job to be careful about what you say. Brady definitely could have responded in a much harsher way. A lot of guys would have immediately ripped him, ripped the radio show and would have been done with it. A lot of guys would have outright got him fired. 

Brady also said, "I'll obviously evaluate whether I want to come on this show again. Link Whether it's "outright" getting someone fired or taking the passive aggressive approach, a guy losing is job is a guy losing his job. And no, Brady didn't have an obligation to call in to engage with them. The fact that he chose to do so and point out, twice, that he would reconsider coming onto the show anymore should tell you what his goal was. You don't have to jump up and down screaming "FIRE THIS ASSHOLE IMMEDIATELY" to get your point across.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Bink   
1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Brady also said, "I'll obviously evaluate whether I want to come on this show again. Link Whether it's "outright" getting someone fired or taking the passive aggressive, a guy losing is job is a guy losing his job. And no, Brady didn't have an obligation to call in to engage with them. The fact that he chose to do so and point out, twice, that he would reconsider coming onto the show anymore should tell you what his goal was. You don't have to jump up and down screaming "FIRE THIS ASSHOLE IMMEDIATELY" to get your point across.

Yeah, him calling in in the first place is in no way an obligation. He doesn't get paid for it. His reaction was completely reasonable. 

WVTITAN   
1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

I would have argued vehemently against this before having kids...but you're 100% right. It's a feeling totally different than the way you feel about a friend/parent/spouse.

Dude...she's like 5. 

I’m not trying to defend the guy.  I’m asking what she did that made the guy car her an annoying piss ant.

i have seen annoying kids, I tend to blame the parents for letting them run loose all over the supermarket.